Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil Seperator?

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    ??? PM Joedpl and maybe ask the same guy over at LR that you got the solenoid cover from. These guys are in the used parts business or just seem to be lucky at running across this stuff quite frequently.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dukcaln View Post
    I like this........ great $$$$ and works even better
    Yeppers! I think everybody here has done that one at one time or another before! LoL!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Here Ya Go. Click Below - Snazzy, Bling & Stronger tabs!
    LFP Mirror Finish SS Electrical Cover 01-04 Lightning/HD
    Have always been a bit wary of installing a cover over the solenoid with anything that is conductive. Have seen two trucks "fry" the electrics and one actually start on fire! ... it had a CF solenoid cover.
    I have stuck with the stock plastic cover and put a chromed plastic bar-n-shield logo on it that I got at the H-D dealer.

HOSSSTYL3
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the funny part is I put breathers on my truck on both valve covers, and don't have any oil spitting what so ever on my motor, and im running 14lbs of boost!!!!!!!! i also have a oil seperator made by lfp , and i also have a brand new pcv hose on my truck!!!!!!!! and i never have to empty the separator, it literally does not have any oil in it......... the breathers and separator seem to go hand in hand......... just my o2

'02 F-150 Build 2193
    Name: Marc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So, is it recommended that in addition to the Oil Separator you also put breathers on the valve covers?

HOSSSTYL3
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcA View Post
    So, is it recommended that in addition to the Oil Separator you also put breathers on the valve covers?
    i would say that if you put breathers on your truck, it reduces the effectiveness of your pcv system, by venting the crank case vapors. so if you have a separator installed with breathers your separator is goin to get less vapors running through it, resulting in less oil in the separator if any at all!!

i would run both at the same time, it really helps clean up the air intake charge, and also keeps the heat exchange and lower intake manifold cleaner...

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcA View Post
    Depends on whether or not you drive it regular. Running a "breather" into a forced-air induction (SC'ed) engine introduces un-metered air that impacts lower-end pressure and metered intake airflow.

'02 F-150 Build 2193

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My son and I installed the L&S oil separator I bought. Here's a couple of pics. As everyone said, fairly straight forward install once I came up with a few pictures showing it installed already.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I finally installed after five years new in the box,an oil separater, L&S,truck now has almost 17k on the clock, I removed the cap from the vacum hose, my son held a rag over the hose, I punched the gas pedal, the tack hit 6k, and no oil out came out of the hose. I was just following instructions.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Just got back in town and I can see the pictures now.
    I heard a rumor there was a "pink" L&S separator out there.
    Dude! You got the "pink" one! I really don't know what to say.

'02 F-150 Build 2193

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lol, yeah, it's pink Merlin. I'm assuming it looks installed correctly. I misplaced the installation instructions that came with it (found them after the install) but I double checked after I found them and I think we've done it right.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    One:
    Here are the instructions L&S Automotive Performance - Oil Separator Pics

Two:
    Most important! Pull it off and paint it black!!! My god man your embarrassing us all!

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Dude! You got the "pink" one! I really don't know what to say.
    I think you said it all

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok,the tach only hit 5k not 6k, and vacuum hose did not spit out any oil,mabey no oil becase I barely ever punch the gas pedal at WOT.will the engine get damaged, if the tach runs at 6K rpm,in parked, for a few seconds?

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    I doubt if you can rev to 6k in park. I think most stock trucks without a custom tune are set to shift at 5200 and the rev limiter is set around 5500.

Depending on if your built or brave, most tuners still only increase a little over the stock numbers for non built motors.
    I just checked my tune and the shift points are set to 5400 and the rev limiter to 5700.
    I am not built and my mods are in my sig above on post #31.

Not sure what the differecne is in these modular motors because I used to rev my SBC over 8k.
    Last edited by cayman150; 11-21-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast