Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    I doubt if you can rev to 6k in park.
    But it's a pink separator. Proves anything is possible. couldn't resist

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oil Seperator?

Question on L&S separator.... Anyone have gas mileage issues after install?? As in a drop of 30 miles per tank?

'02 F-150 Build 2193
    Name: Marc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sport90 View Post
    But it's a pink separator. Proves anything is possible. couldn't resist
    Hey, I've got the pink separator not DoubleBass. LOL.

'02 F-150 Build 2193

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilsamoanluvr View Post
    Question on L&S separator.... Anyone have gas mileage issues after install?? As in a drop of 30 miles per tank?
    Don't know about anyone else but my mileage didn't vary with the addition of the separator, however I DID gain about 2mpg when I changed out the air and fuel filter.

Now all I've got to do is see what I can do about cleaning the IC and checking the current plugs. Hoping that also gains me a couple of MPG cause my better half is totally complaining about me having to put premium gas in the thing and still only getting about 14.5mpg. "But it's a high performance engine sweetie! It needs premium petrol." To which she said, "then you'd better only drive it once a week!"
    Last edited by MarcA; 11-28-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: spelling error

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts

Re: Oil Seperator?

You won't get much better that 15-16. I didn't even after swapping to tr5 plugs. My best is 15.3 on a trip that I never went over 65 MPH. I do have a new c&l intake tube now. I haven't been on a road trip since. I'll find out when I drive 700 miles to Tn in a few weeks. I've never cleaned my intercooler though. But I don't have much oil in my seperaters.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I have never seen better than 15.7mpg when truck was brand new during a "break-in" trip of 500 miles at continuous 65MPH! SC'ed engines will never be "economical"? Ha!

Best to expect 12-13mpg.

'02 F-150 Build 2193

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677 View Post
    I have never seen better than 15.7mpg when truck was brand new during a "break-in" trip of 500 miles at continuous 65MPH! SC'ed engines will never be "economical"? Ha!

Best to expect 12-13mpg.
    That's what I figured, especially around town. I'm giving my wifey best case without telling her it's best case. LOL.

Here Hemi, Hemi, Hemi...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to respect the concern over mileage with our toys, but really...did any one of us give mileage a thought when we brought our Hogs home, and then commenced the mods? I'm looking at an L&S separator this summer myself.
    2003 Blown Hog; 2007 F250 Harley-Davidson;1988 Ford Thunderbird Sport (5.0); 1987 Mustang LX 5.0L/5spd; 1999 'Burban; 1947 Willys CJ-2A, 1996 Ford Ranger Xcab, 2012 Surtrac Car hauler, 2006 Cedar River Silverback travel trailer: Honestly officer, it doesn't matter how fast I was going, if you want to catch me...make an appointment.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crushor View Post
    I have to respect the concern over mileage with our toys, but really...did any one of us give mileage a thought when we brought our Hogs home, and then commenced the mods? I'm looking at an L&S separator this summer myself.
    Actually, well-done modded engines do, in fact, recognize better MPG than stock. But then again? ... I agree that anyone that owns one really considers/cares about economy? Ha!!

Name: Keith

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    The L&S unit looks like a fuel filter with an extra hose coming off of it for $185.00 ??? really?? wow, wish I'd have come up with it, LOL

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Looks are very deceiving. The water seperators that guys put on at first look like they should work too.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Yea, I just read a very informative technically proficient paper on them,over at Lightning Rodder, i'll be getting an L&S, LOL

Ordered the L&S today, it'll be here next week,then when the weather clears I can get back to tinkering with the truck,need to put in my TR6IX's, 6lb pulley, and lowering springs, whew anyone wanna help??? lol

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Also ordered the L&S today (finally-after much hum and haw about it). Have so much oil dripping from the hoses into the underside of the intake elbow which is a PITA when trying to keep the engine compartment presentable. When I ordered it by phone, Racheal did mention that in cold weather (I'm in Canada and this is my daily driver) there may be some condensation from the separator that would make the oil a bit milky. Has anyone else driving in cold weather with an L&S experienced this and is it an issue?

Also ordering a new intercooler pump from Mike at Mad Enterprise. After restarting a warm engine, I'm getting intermittent lack of power under boost and suspect that a wonky pump combined with an oily intercooler is the heart of my current engine issues.

Now I just have to get my mechanic friend to help me remove the supercharger and clean the intercooler. With all the oil dripping from the intake elbow, I'm afraid to see just how much oil must be in the intercooler. A great spring project to freshen up the girl, the same time that I take the ugly winter shoes off her and get the dress shoes on.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast