Thread: what to expect, custom tune in route

Name: Dukcaln

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what to expect, custom tune in route

So finally got to order my custom tune today from Rick at Amazon. I have been running the 91 octane pulley canned tune from my predator. My mods are, lightinig upper 2.93, 4lb lower, ported eaton charger, single bladed throttle body, good plugs, CAI, exhaust! So what will I expect in drivability, performance, power, any milage increase ect..............

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You should feel a difference. What did you pay for the tune if you dont mind me asking.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    pm for info

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Definitely should feel a difference as I am sure Rick will wake it up. As for MPG, probably less because you will be enjoying it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Im going to say you still wont bust out of the 14's. 13.9's if your lucky.

My old Amazon tuned truck couldn't.... even with a MP. Then I was told by Rick, "Everything in the datalog looks good". So when I asked why I went from a stock unported SC with stock HD upper and 4lb lower (about 10-11lbs boost) running a best of 14.21@96 to a MP with 2.8upper and 4lb lower (about 14-15lbs boost) and ran a best of 14.07@97 I was told "only half of them work" (about the MP) Guess you can say I lost faith in them.

Now running a Posi ported Eaton, with 2.8upper and 6lb lower tuned locally by Fast Specialties, Im running 12.9@105

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So what are you saying sonic, Ricks not a capable tuner?? A 2.93 upper and 4lb lower is more than a stock upper and 6lb lower..... not sure what she will run, as I am not a frequent track player, but I am sure it will be a nice street ride.. Like your times now

HiTech Redneck
    Name: Jack

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lesson learned on my end - no matter which tuner you use, for them to really do their job to the best of their abilities you need datalogs and air/fuel readings from a wideband. You NEED a wideband.
    If they can't measure air/fuel they will have to make the tune rich to keep it safe. It also helps determine the condition of the fuel system, injectors etc.
    I got my first email tune from a tuner we all know and the truck wouldn't break the tires loose. several months later got the WB installed and did a new tune from the same tuner, datalogged with the AFR's and got the updated tune - SMOKES the tires. BIG difference in the way it runs and remember, the same tuner made the files.
    With no WB readings your tuner is handicapped.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hear you, wideband is my next purchase.... data logging with my predator should help the tuner some, correct?

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dukcaln View Post
    So what are you saying sonic, Ricks not a capable tuner?? A 2.93 upper and 4lb lower is more than a stock upper and 6lb lower..... not sure what she will run, as I am not a frequent track player, but I am sure it will be a nice street ride.. Like your times now
    Im not saying he doesn't know what he's doing; he may he may not. I'm just saying that I was highly disappointed in my own experience with Amazon.

Everyone says dyno numbers mean nothing, its about the timeslips. Well, my Amazon tuned truck was never on the dyno, but the timeslips were junk.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    understood..... I have had issues like that when I tuned my diesel trucks...