Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at an 02 HD tomorrow

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    But if he (Oceanside78) has a '03 or '04 Cobra w/ the supercharger those should wipe the floor with our heavy trucks, right?

Surprisingly his seat with the 40,000+ miles looks a lot like my 2002 w/ 130,000. That leather doesn't seem to weather time well.
    Nice truck let us know when u get it!!
    Tim

My Photo Gallery
    1992 EG • 2000 RKC • 2002 Ford HD F150
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/49503198237@N01/

Laughlin/Route 66 CA to NM Pics
    http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...e%2066%20ride/

My custom paint & sign work:
    www.artsnletters.com

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    its got a lightnign snout, they didnt print svt on the hd eatons iirc.
    so prob have a 2.93 upper and some sort of a larger lower, def want to check the tune before romping on it
    2002 HD #8339
    ......sold but not forgotten
    2007 CTS V
    texas speed h/c pacage
    kooks , corsa and a few other goodies

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bd Bagr View Post
    But if he (Oceanside78) has a '03 or '04 Cobra w/ the supercharger those should wipe the floor with our heavy trucks, right?

Surprisingly his seat with the 40,000+ miles looks a lot like my 2002 w/ 130,000. That leather doesn't seem to weather time well.
    Nice truck let us know when u get it!!
    Tim
    Yeah, the 03/04s are no joke. Mines N/A though, more of a high revving 'Honda like' motor. Little torque, great top end. That's why 99% of cobra guys run steep gears, they gotta get through the RPMs quick

And yes, I think the truck sits quite a bit. The seats did kinda make me go huh?!? Oh well, tomorrow will tell
    2002 Harley Davidson F150
    Intake-C&L elbow-SBTB-L upper/snout-4# Lower-Bassani catted mid-Bassani Cat Back-VB-Diablo tuned-Best time: 13.8 @ 100.7
    Soon to be: 6# lower-SCT MAF-Custom Tune

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonolds72 View Post
    its got a lightnign snout, they didnt print svt on the hd eatons iirc.
    so prob have a 2.93 upper and some sort of a larger lower, def want to check the tune before romping on it
    Dang, ok thanks for the insight. Kinda was looking for a stockish HD, seems mores done to it than he knows/admits to

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    well the 03-04's are supposed to have 390 HP/TQ out of the box and our heavy 4 door trucks have 345 hp box stock. That trucks looks nice, mileage isn't too high. When i got mine a number of years ago it had 86,000 when i got it. Now, almost 40,000 miles later, 3 or 4 jettisoned spark plugs and some new paint, i still really love this truck. I think you'll dig it and i bet it will give your un-boosted Cobra a run for it's money. They are a blast to drive. I just can't keep my foot out of it!.
    Tim

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i wouldnt call the mods a bad thing unless you planed on buying a unmolested one.
    for me i prefer stock, but i always end up moddin the hell out of my vehicles.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks 1bd, I'm hoping so! I'm mostly looking forward to the extra room. I'm pretty big, couple that with aftermarket seats in a little coupe, it's not pleasant to DD.

Name: David

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    looks like there is an alarm on it too. (horn/speaker near the brake booster) I would check the oil and coolant, both rad. and intercooler, for any bad signs. make sure you look at the lower pulley too. drive it take more pics and let us know. Good luck...
    almost forgot...look at the bump stops on the rear to see if the truck has been carrying a heavy load. if so they will look all messed up, may even have chunks missing.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, it has a viper 2 way and remote start on it. I plan on crawling under it and looking it over thoroughly. I'll take a lot of pics tomorrow

Name: Dukcaln

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    take pic of the lower pulley so we can tell you it is stock or not...... modded truck maybe driven hard, so look her over good

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Great find. Looks real nice. I'd definately take a chance on it even with those mods as you will end up doing them all anyway.

Most of the time these trucks were owned by mature folk because of their high OEM price....almost $40k new. So if the PO and current owner are a bit older I'd take a chance that they did these mods correctly and hopefully didn't rag on it too much. The PO might have even been on NHTOC before.

What the hell, it's not like we can really resist the temptation to get on it when we've done these type mods! You'll find out soon enough.

Good luck as the price seems right.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ^thats kinda my mindset. If I already owned it, I'd have all the mods and then some. I just had a REALLY bad experience with my cobra, I was taken advantage of real bad and won't be letting that happen again.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    Great find. Looks real nice. I'd definately take a chance on it even with those mods as you will end up doing them all anyway.

Most of the time these trucks were owned by mature folk because of their high OEM price....almost $40k new. So if the PO and current owner are a bit older I'd take a chance that they did these mods correctly and hopefully didn't rag on it too much. The PO might have even been on NHTOC before.

What the hell, it's not like we can really resist the temptation to get on it when we've done these type mods! You'll find out soon enough.

Good luck as the price seems right.
    I dont know about the age thing..... my old man is 60 and takes great care of his rides, but he drives the sh*t out of em too!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    trucks modded.
    Attachment 84419
    Attachment 84420

Shifted hard, felt like it had a VB

Boost gauge topped at the 10-11lb range
    Attachment 84421

Fuel pressure held 40ish under WOT
    Attachment 84422

All in all pretty clean
    Attachment 84423
    Attachment 84424

Here's the kicker. There's a lien on it and the bank is having a problem with it. It's only showing one in 09, the owner said when he bought it in 09 the dealership ****ed all his paperwork and skipped town. So there's no loan history on the title, he had to get it more or less scoped over and over at DMV and the issued a new title.

The owner seems very straight up, older guy who doesn't really know what he's got besides a nice quick truck.

They're processing it but probably won't approve it. I'm ****in bummed

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast