Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at an 02 HD tomorrow

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking at an 02 HD tomorrow

Any suggestions? Has 45k miles, asking 14.5. Reasonable? Seems to have an intake and exhaust. Not sure what else. Any common issues/things to look for tomorrow? Always wanted one of these, really hoping its clean and legit.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
    2002 Harley Davidson F150
    Intake-C&L elbow-SBTB-L upper/snout-4# Lower-Bassani catted mid-Bassani Cat Back-VB-Diablo tuned-Best time: 13.8 @ 100.7
    Soon to be: 6# lower-SCT MAF-Custom Tune

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    The 02 is a SWEET truck!

Seems like fairly low miles and a fair price.

Only thing I can think of is 4 threads SP.

Can someone else chime in here?

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    How long has he owned it? You can ask about the spark plugs but will u get an honest answer? No real way to verify. My 2002 is slowly working it's way thru the heads and at the rate i'm going my engine ought to have all the plug holes replaced with timeserts next year...no lol. That's the ONLY thing i hate about my 2002 besides the gas mileage. Oops, i also think it sucks ballz that Ford in their infinite wisdom obsoletes many of the unique parts our trucks have. Too expensive and hard to find sometimes JMO
    Tim

My Photo Gallery
    1992 EG • 2000 RKC • 2002 Ford HD F150
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/49503198237@N01/

Laughlin/Route 66 CA to NM Pics
    http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...e%2066%20ride/

My custom paint & sign work:
    www.artsnletters.com

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    A couple of things I think I remember.

* The seats on the 02 are more comfortable than 03
    * The doors actually have lights in them when they open.

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the 02 first preduction came withe the 4 thread heads. mine is a 2002 but built in november/december and mine came with the 6thread heads. i know odd right.

nothing to really be concerned with other than when doin the test drive listen for pinging.
    only cause it has what u said intake and exhaust. it might be lean if stock tune. looking for signs of the pulley being pulled on the S/C with tool marks on back side of pulley and check if factory lower pulley is on it.

sometimes its best to find one thats basicly stock... cause you can mod it how you want to mod it. IMO.
    check for oil leaks round trans pan gasket and valve covers and intake gaskets and head gaskets only reason i say this is when these trucks sit they likey to develop leaks.
    have a leak down/compression test performed. worth the money
    best of luck
    [SIZE="5"]INTERNALY STOCK 5.4LSIZE]

When LIGHTNING strikes, the HEARTBEAT stops.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    02's and first third or so of the '03's have 4 thread heads. 8 thread heads were not manufactured until Nov 2002 IIRC (for the '03 production run). My last truck was an '03 number 2805 and it had 4 thread heads. I had to time-cert 2 of them. My fault though for not keeping up on torquing the plugs. If you check them regularly, they shouldn't be an issue.

6 thread? where did you get that?

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    I would check to make sure all the stock 02 equipment is on the truck that should be there.

There's threads in the info forums on here that have the press releases with everything the truck should have stock.

20" harley wheels, chrome side bars (not steps! they tuck under the doors, just for looks), lower pulley should be ~7" and have a large "cage" surrounding the front of it, if the pulley doesn't have a cage and instead is closer to 9" and has 6 allen head bolts on it, that's a quick change 2 piece lower and the truck has more boost than stock (stock was 6psi). Windshield glass "dots" should be harley bar and shield logo's, center console's front and rear should have flame embossed leather covers, etc.

As the others mentioned, I would recommend having a leakdown + compression tests done, to do this involves removing and reinstalling the spark plugs so you will be able to tell if they are stripped out or have been repaired.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the replies guys. He doesn't know the mods, he said it has an exhaust that starts with a B (lol) sent pics, it's a bassani, and a pic underwood showed a filter. He said he's self employed and hardly drives it but says its clean and fast. Hard to judge bc I have a cobra, so it will probably feel slower but I'm not buying it for that. I have a family and going to car events/drag strip in 2 cars is dumb. I want something I can enjoy with the family.

I don't know if he'll let me take it to ford to do a comp test but we'll see. I'll def try.

I'll look to see if it's pulled. He said the PO lives down the street and we can go talk to him. It's only a 2 owner truck. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    02's and first third or so of the '03's have 4 thread heads. 8 thread heads were not manufactured until Nov 2002 IIRC (for the '03 production run). My last truck was an '03 number 2805 and it had 4 thread heads. I had to time-cert 2 of them. My fault though for not keeping up on torquing the plugs. If you check them regularly, they shouldn't be an issue.

6 thread? where did you get that?
    I'm used to it, I have the 'Teksid' 4v in my cobra, all aluminum. I check em every 5k. No problems so far

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's what ive seen so far

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    lightning exit exhaust, airaid filter + C&L inlet tube, looks like a idler/tensioner bracket upgrade for the blower belt too - only 1 reason to need that, it's been pullied - hope it's been dyno tuned!

if you have a teksid block cobra like my `97, you'll be in for a surprise. My truck feels way faster seat of the pants from a dig than my `97, except for when I had the old solid axle in it with 4.30 gears, that felt faster from a dig. But now with the stock 3.55's in the IRS there's no contest

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmmm, guess I'll have to dig on it.

My cobras got full bolt ons/tune/4.10s/suspension. I'd hope I'd beat a crew cab truck lol all the more reason to get it if not though.

Hopefully I can get in touch with the PO and see if he had it tuned.

So from the pics it looks like its had
    The upper pulley swapped? If its tuned, what kind of power should it be making? The guy keeps saying how fast it is, I assume, as long as he knows what's up, it's probably pretty strong

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast