Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: September 2012 TOTM, Matthew "oki916" Katz #527

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

September 2012 TOTM, Matthew "oki916" Katz #527

.....September's NHTOC TOTM winner is Matthew "oki916" Katz #527 Congratulations Matthew.....

Oki916 is a Marine Corps Brat who always lived on a MCAS or MCB (Marine Corps Air Station/Marine Corps Base) before the age of 19. He has always been an active member on NHTOC and is always central in organizing the FHTOC GTG in Orlando. He was recently married to Amber on 05/26/2012. Yes, he chased her until she finally caught him.

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically your HD Truck?

Since the day I first found out they were supercharged I wanted one. I have always been a horsepower, speed, adrenaline junky. When I found out that I could get a truck that was luxurious and that could kick some major A on the street & track, I was sold.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

First car was a Nissan 180sx (yes a 180sx, not a 240sx) right side drive as we lived in Okinawa, Japan. Modded it out to be a street/drift car to the best that I could in Highschool with a RB-20 motor, Blow-off, HKS exhaust….yes I started out as a ricer!!

During college it was nothing special as dad (Sport90) didn’t want me to have “a fast car” on my own…so we got a 1995 Ford Ranger dual plug 4 cyl in 1998. Well that lil truck could move after I did full exhaust, homemade cold air intake, ported throttle bottle, and re-tuned to its max.

After the ranger for graduation parents bought me a 2000 F150 supercab xlt…great truck that I did intake, exhaust, and a tonneau cover as it was only a 4.2L 6cyl but it still would move.

Then (after getting hit by a driver that ran a red light) thanks to my parents, in 2003 I got my very first brand new car…a 2003 Lariat F150 Supercab with the FX4 package. I was asked what I wanted and the response was a 2003 Harley Truck but we couldn’t find one.

Then after 3 years, I found my Harley Truck. Took the FX4 to some good ole boys who gave me way too much for the trade in and I only came out of pocket a few grand for my Harley Truck that had less than 30,000 miles on her. It’s been a love affair ever since.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

Built Longblock --- Al Papapitto Boss 330 motor with CP pistons, Manley Rods, Comp Cam, with all supporting mods needed. Stock heads Port & Polished by Kris Starnes of Krisstarnes Racing. Dynatech Longtubes with no front cats (just 2 ½’’ pipe) into a Magna-Flow exhaust. L-Spec Billsteins, RUSLOW coils, JLP Drop Shackles, Hotchkiss front & rear sway bars….and so much more.

Tuned by Torrie of Unleashed Tuning

11.66 @ 116 PB on the break-in tune with 614/644 rwhp/rwtq

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

Hobbies --- obviously working on vehicles, going to the track, and pretty much anything automotive. I also enjoy movies (theatre & at home), any and all sports, and traveling (in the US & outside the US). Best thing about all of that¸is my wife Amber (Amber714 on the boards) is just like me just much better looking. Best thing ever said about her was from a Harley Truck buddy….”She knows more about these trucks and can wrench on them better than half the guys here today and Matt is one lucky man, that women is hot!!!!”

Favorite past time --- really just spending time with my wife doing all the things we love together…it truly is nice to not be one of those guys who has to hide things about the truck to his wife, or be concerned that she is not having a good time at a GTG because it’s not her thing…she truly is a grease monkey…but a damn hot one!!!

Job --- Senior Banking Officer/Licensed Banker for Hanc0ck Bank

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

Always has been and still are the members of this site & the brotherhood. I have seen the site grow and then dwindle in membership and now start to grow again, but no matter if you are a member now, then, or will be…you are always accepted and members will do anything they can for anyone on the site (even if you have never meet that person…in person)

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

Just for any & all members to get out there and stop any Harley Truck you see and tell them to come join the site….membership is what makes the site and the more people we have the better this place is going to be. I personally make it a point to stop any HD truck I see to tell them about the nhtoc and if it’s parked, I drop a business card off with the site info.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

OKI Came to the US from Okinawa Japan, so when that question was asked of where you were from and I said Okinawa, then nickname of OKI (O-Key) stuck

916 Letters of the alphabet 9=I 16=P Name of race team/drift team I belonged to in Okinawa “Insane Prophets”

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

Install the Line Lock, 2600-2800 Stall, and get it off the break-in Tune. We want to run a 10.99!!!!

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

Don’t trade or sell your trucks!!!! Build them bigger and badder!!! When I get tired of this one, the motor is going into a fox & this truck will become a twin-turbo 1000/1000 club member!!!

Congratulation Matt on your TOTM and congratulations Amber on your new truck!

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    congrads dude.. sharp looking truck!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    AWESOME! Congrats!
    Troy - 2002 DSG #09850. 378 HP, 465 TQ

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Big ups to you OKI.

Great mods for a fantastic looking shamu!

Don't know if you gave Amber enough credit for all the mods she's done to it though!

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Congrads

dragginNCrds
    Name: Will

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats

~Will
    2002 DSG Harley on 22's ~ build#01450 SOLD
    NHTOC TOTM August 2012

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Thanks eeryone...the truck has come a long way since when I first got her and expecially since when I was TOTM previously. Pretty cool to go back and read the future plans on that one and see what the truck is now.

Chuck --- not sure if that is a "Sarcastiball" comment or not...but she & everyone who is in the know, knows the work she has put in to that truck & all the mods she has purchased for us...couldn't have done it without her.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Last edited by Merlin; 10-02-2012 at 12:04 PM.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    Thanks eeryone...the truck has come a long way since when I first got her and expecially since when I was TOTM previously. Pretty cool to go back and read the future plans on that one and see what the truck is now.

Chuck --- not sure if that is a "Sarcastiball" comment or not...but she & everyone who is in the know, knows the work she has put in to that truck & all the mods she has purchased for us...couldn't have done it without her.
    No, no, just re-emphasing that she knows her stuff on these trucks and has helped out a lot with making yours one of the best TOTM 2 times now!

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    when u get tired about yr motor let me know

by the way one the best HD up there. I always loved yr tuck especially because yr build

congras bud.. badass and fast shamu

RWHP-500-RWTQ-590 STOCK BLOCK. street tune

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Thanks to the mad magician

Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    No, no, just re-emphasing that she knows her stuff on these trucks and has helped out a lot with making yours one of the best TOTM 2 times now!
    Gotcha...figured that was the case. Couldn't have done it without her.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcobi007 View Post
    when u get tired about yr motor let me know

by the way one the best HD up there. I always loved yr tuck especially because yr build

congras bud.. badass and fast shamu
    Ha...plan is to take this motor out and put it in a fox and go twin turbo for the truck...that is if its financially possible some day.

Thanks man...the build was nail bitting but well worth it in the end.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go..... again!!!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats Matt!
    Another Sexy Shamu gets TOTM!

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats! Great story....beautiful truck.
    Tim

My Photo Gallery
    1992 EG • 2000 RKC • 2002 Ford HD F150
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/49503198237@N01/

Laughlin/Route 66 CA to NM Pics
    http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...e%2066%20ride/

My custom paint & sign work:
    www.artsnletters.com

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice truck! Congrats! I hope I can buy a nice truck like that.

Heavy Hauling Jobs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast