Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trans surge and tire wear...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not sure I can check but they're 275/45/20 Goodyear Eagle GTIIs. Only the inner and outer most edges are worn bald, middle is near the wear bars so they need replacing anyways, but the insides not far from belt so I know my specs are off. Wondering if when it was aligned they used crew cab specs. Would that cause this issue? I know for a fact the previous owner wouldn't have know to ask for an L alignment
    2002 Harley Davidson F150
    Intake-C&L elbow-SBTB-L upper/snout-4# Lower-Bassani catted mid-Bassani Cat Back-VB-Diablo tuned-Best time: 13.8 @ 100.7
    Soon to be: 6# lower-SCT MAF-Custom Tune

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanside78 View Post
    I'm not sure I can check but they're 275/45/20 Goodyear Eagle GTIIs. Only the inner and outer most edges are worn bald, middle is near the wear bars so they need replacing anyways, but the insides not far from belt so I know my specs are off. Wondering if when it was aligned they used crew cab specs. Would that cause this issue? I know for a fact the previous owner wouldn't have know to ask for an L alignment
    that's your problem they are Eagle GT's wore 2 set in 3 1/2 yrs they suck have Falkens no problems

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seriously? I've only had experience with DRs, KDWs, and 555s but I thought they were decent tires when I drove it. They hook decent. Seem pretty soft. Guess that why you've gone through em so fast

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Wink

Yeah, the OEM Goodyears haven't been known as the best tire for these trucks.

But, if your front end needs parts and an alignment it don't matter what tire you put on there it will wear uneven.

Sounds like you better do some investigation into whether the front end is ok or if it needs any parts to tighten things up before getting a set of new tires and an alignment.
    Last edited by cayman150; 10-10-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just say **** it new upper control A-Arms w/ balljoints w/ zert fittings.
    New lower control arm bushings with clunk washers IMO use the polyurthane bushings worth the extra $$ IMO.
    new lower ball joints on the control arms

new inner and outer tie rods
    pitman arm
    Idler arm
    new wheel bearings
    new sway bar bushings
    new sway bar end links
    new front shocks by bilstine

the truck will drive like it was brand new

MOOG suspension products makes everything you need
    [SIZE="5"]INTERNALY STOCK 5.4LSIZE]

When LIGHTNING strikes, the HEARTBEAT stops.

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Check out XRF front end parts. they make a kit for our trucks and have a million mile warranty 1-877-674-4030.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    Yeah, the OEM Goodyears haven't been known as the best tire for these trucks.

But, if your front end needs parts and an alignment it don't matter what tire you put on there it will wear uneven.

Sounds like you better do some investigation into whether the front end is ok or if it needs any parts to tighten things up before getting a set of new tires and an alignment.
    I'm going to jack it up and do the up down side to side test on the tire and see if it moves. All the bushings look great and the shocks are practically new billstiens

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02maddness View Post
    just say **** it new upper control A-Arms w/ balljoints w/ zert fittings.
    New lower control arm bushings with clunk washers IMO use the polyurthane bushings worth the extra $$ IMO.
    new lower ball joints on the control arms

new inner and outer tie rods
    pitman arm
    Idler arm
    new wheel bearings
    new sway bar bushings
    new sway bar end links
    new front shocks by bilstine

the truck will drive like it was brand new

MOOG suspension products makes everything you need
    Yeeeeah, that's not happening. I have a 1 for 1 with my wife. I spend X she gets to do the same. I don't feel like crushing or checking account lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2