Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: looking to mod my 2002 f150 HD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

looking to mod my 2002 f150 HD

I just picked up a 02 HD truck supercrew with 70,000 mi . Basically looking to do basic stuff for now example full exhaust, pulley, cold air intake, and tuner been looking around but haven't really found anything that I really like. I have a mustang n know lot about that but parts for these r not as common or have a as many for em unless I'm just looking in all the wrong spots ha help needed I'd appreciate it!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Welcome to NHTOC. Please post over in the New Member Section too.

If there is a tuner who is local to you, find out what software they use like SCT, Diablo, etc.

Then you can look around for a used handheld tuner and start with the higher octane tune and work your way up with a CAI kit, exhaust, pulley, etc. until you get a full dyno tune.

If there is no dyno near you then you can go with an email tune from many of the reputable tuners on the boards. Do some research from other threads on here and see which one is to your liking.

Good luck and enjoy!

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    As posted above stop by the New Member Section and introduce yourself.
    Tell us about you new truck and pictures would be nice too!

There's tons of valuable info on here!

"Search" is your friend.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been looking and searching but all the aftermarket exhaust I find comes out before the passenger side tire. Kinda wanted it to look stock as possible n have it come out behind the passenger side tire .

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MAGNAFLOW BULLETS WITH AN OFF ROAD X-PIPE AND YOU CAN USE YOUR FACTORY EXHAUST EXIT. BUT ALSO AT THE SAME TIME REMOVE THE CATS AND RESIGNATORS ASWELL. DO STAINLESS 2 1/2IN

DO A #6 PULLEY ON THE CRANK WITH THE QUICK CHANGE HUB AND GET THE #10 ALSO
    SEND THE BLOWER TO STAIGMIER FOR A STAGE 3 PORT
    C&L PLENUM AND ELBOW
    A/F THROTTLE BODY
    FUEL PUMPS aka 255 WALBRO
    60LBS INJECTORS
    KOOKS LONGTUBE CERMIC HEADERS
    NGK TR7 SPARK PLUGS

GET THE FOLLOWING GUAGES
    A/F WIDEBAND W/O2
    OIL PSI
    FUEL PSI
    BOOST
    TRANS TEMP
    [SIZE="5"]INTERNALY STOCK 5.4LSIZE]

When LIGHTNING strikes, the HEARTBEAT stops.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    What are you looking to do?

a 10lber is too much IMHO
    6# Pulley, NGKTR6 and Tune

Pull the intercooler and clean it.
    Change the plugs while you're there
    Add the L&S Oil separator and CAI
    6lb lower pulley and a good safe tune.

Then be sure to remember the 3 RULES!

Now on to the exhaust...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got oil separator now I wanna do safe mods bc this is my dd. I was thinking 6- 8 lbs lower and thdoes plugs . Was wondering what x pipe I could use and headers long tubes would sound good with the factory exit and all line up. Obx sounds good just can't find anyone useing that set-up. And As for brakes I wanted a kit that comes with rotors and pads dimpled and slotted. U guys say is better and stronger?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just looking to get it sounding good and add just a little more nothing crazy lol thanks again for the input

Thumbs up

Go with a 6# lower pulley to start along with colder plugs and a good CAI and full upper plenum route. That'll wake her up.

For exhaust, OBX is a good setup for long tubes, catback, x-pipe and full exhaust. Others have recommeded replacing the OBX hardware with better clamps and fittings. A popular mod is to do the Lightning style exit in front of the rear wheel but you can also run it the stock length behind the rear wheels too with just some extra length pipes which any muffler shop should be able to help with if you can't find the exact kit for the HD.

For brakes, a lot of guys have gone with RotorPros as they are priced real well and you can get the ceramic pads too which don't dust as much and mess up the rim. This isn't a "big brake kit" as the rotors are stock size but for $340 for all four wheels + pads I don't think you can beat it.

Check out this thread too for details.

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/rotorpr...tech-pads.html

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the MAGNAFLOW bullets are the best sounding best power delivering IMO

ROTORPROS.COM will have what your looking for. and see MADENTERPRIZES here and get the stainless break lines too. wurth it with the breaks.

and just so u konw i have owned my truck for 5 years and been running 13-16LBS of boost its entire life with zero issues. i blew the trans cause i was on spray 2nd gear didnt like that. and i lifted my passenger side head cause one of my relays to my fuel pumps went out and it hit a lean spike for bout 5 min at 4800 RPM in 4th gear runnin from the cops. got away thow.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not a gauge crazy person I hate the pillar gauges imo I know I'll need some boost and a/f one too as for what I plan on is 6# lower full exhaust those gauges I listed above c&l elbow disc brakes n pads colder plug and tuner. I cant really find a direct bolt in exhaust that way it all matches up and adjust gotta install don't wanna half a** it and don't wanna spend A arm n a leg nor b cheap any ideas?

Thumbs up

The newer digital gauges like Aeroforce Interceptor or Innovative Motorsports can be used to monitor and display multiple parameters like boost, IAT, temps and AFR. Depending on which parameters you want to monitor then you purchase the modules to go with it.

With the exhaust, if you find the brand you want and they only list the Lightning model then you only have to extend it to fit the HD.

Check and see if Bassani, Dynatech, Cannon or Magnaflow offer the specific exit behind the rear wheel for our HD's first as these are some popular brands that some guys have used too.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought about a digital one just havent looked up cost yet. Still looking into exhaust and I also am looking for a leveling kit for the front found some on hellbent Steele but I dunno who else would sell em

Thumbs up

Yeah, these days you can probably get away with just one digital gauge and either put it in the steering column pod mount or in the dash above the cubby hole if you don't want a pillar pod.

As far as lowering the front check out Hotchkis, Belltech, Ground Force, Western Chassis or Roush as brands and see if they offer the setting's you want.

Here's a link to the Suspension threads to review for what guys have found that worked for them.

Good luck.

Suspension/Brake Forum 2000-2003 (Gen 1) Harley Davidson F150 - National Harley Truck Owners Club

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Well...welcome to the nhtoc and it looks like you have already gotten a lot of the basic info on what you can do to the truck. There is lots of great info on this site, so sit back...grab a beer and use the search tool also.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast