Thread: 2000 HD F150 shock part numbers

Black Ice
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2000 HD F150 shock part numbers

Ok, I'm going to order some Bilstein shocks for my truck tomorrow. I'm getting all four. I've read that some people get shocks for crew cabs to get a bit firmer ride. Is this needed, or will extended cab shocks be fine? My truck is all stock, and I drive it everyday I'm not on my Harley. I'm pretty sure the factory drop is 1" in front and 2" in the rear, is that correct?? I've also read about rear bracket extenders, I don't have them and would prefer not to if possible. Does anyone know the Bilstein part numbers im looking for??

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IIRC, the Harley is not dropped from the factory.

I sell most guys (and stock) the Lightning Spec. Bilsteins for Harleys.

PM me your Zip and I'll get you a landed cost.

Mike

************************CLICK TO VISIT MAD'S SITE************************

'02, 32V, 5.4L #001, 14psi Whipple and a few other mods. 640 rwhp, 610 tq. CA Smog legal

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    front is lowered ~1", the rear is stock f150 height.

lightning spec bilsteins give a firmer ride if that's what you want.

ext cab f150 bilsteins (since that is what you have) would give the softer ride.

crew cab f150 bilsteins give a softer ride, and should be used on the crew cab trucks only.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Name: David

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My 2000 model Harley truck has the same springs, shocks sway bar (front) and rear springs and shocks as the 2000 lightning came out with, or it did have I should say, factory the first models had this same as lightning set-up. I mention this because the poster asks about buying shocks for a crewcab to firm up the ride....the only supercab harley 1 gen was the 2000...then later the 2006 if I am correct on that.
    I have had many ask about this set-up, but it is specified on the window sticker and also on the tags on the springs, shocks and sway bar, all the same as the 2000 lightning, 1 inch lower, but truly appears more like 1.5 sitting next to a factory 2000 supercab, and measures body to tire 1.5 inches lower.

From The Great Nation of Texas