Thread: Swap or Rebuild

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Swap or Rebuild

Hi everyone,
    I have a dalumma, Swap or Rebuild my 2000 5.4l motor out of my 2000 Harley truck. I am planning to spent some money am remove the motor and rebuild the rotating assemblies. I'm looking for 400-450hp
    I am finding out that there is'nt much for upgrades for this motor. On the swap idea not sure what would fit with little fab or bolt on a procharger.
    My tranny has been rebuilt with a monster maga kit, rearend 4.10, jba shorties headers, superchip which i dont like at all. I'm also running 100 shot NOS and my superchip will not let me change the timing.

Can someone point me in the right direction

thanks

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can tell you from personal experience, while a "typical" P1-SC Procharger installation will give you more power, there is no comparison between a Procharger and an Eaton, both at 8 PSI. The low end torque of the Eaton puts it in another league.

In addition, having helped almost 100 guys make the "L" conversion on an N/A engine, 12 psi with a safe tune will give you what you want.

Mike
    Last edited by Madferraristi; 10-18-2012 at 01:06 PM.

************************CLICK TO VISIT MAD'S SITE************************

'02, 32V, 5.4L #001, 14psi Whipple and a few other mods. 640 rwhp, 610 tq. CA Smog legal

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    I'm not sure where you've been looking if you think there isn't many upgrades for these motors, LOL.

Basically every single part inside the engine can be upgraded to several levels of performance depending on how strong you want the assembly / how much power you want to make. The 2v 5.4L is essentially a slightly larger version of the engine used in the 99-04 mustang gt, and any of the mustang cylinder heads or cams will work.

here's just what one vendor sells -
    Modular Engine Components

other places to look would be Lightning Parts - Engines & Components - Johnny Lightning Performance

If all you want is 400-450rwhp the best thing to do IMO would be to find a whipple or kenne-bell supercharger kit and run it at 10psi...
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi thanks for the info. The Lighting supercharger sounds like the way to go. With the swap do i need the ECM from that truck or send mine for a reprogram. I've heard that the flywheel needs upgrading not sure which one. Thanks again for the help!!
    I'm going to check out the links now

thanks Buttman
    Buttman

2000 F150 Harley Davidson
    5.4 2WD BBK intake
    4.10 rear gear
    JBA headers,3" Magnaflow
    High flow cats
    Superchip
    Monster trans
    100 shot Nitrous