Thread: Looking for help 2007 Harley Davidson

Name: Kenneth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking for help 2007 Harley Davidson

My son bought a 2007 Harley Davidson AWD 4 months ago.

A little info on the truck
    2007 AWD
    Whipple supercharger 3.25 pulley

When he brought me for a ride in the truck, I wasn't all that impressed with acceleration, but I have no knowledge on trucks.

Lately he's been having problems with the truck and we can't seem to figure it out.
    Codes that keep throwing are P0301, P0302,P0304 P3000, P0000.

So far what we've done to try to fix the problems are.
    Ran seafoam through the gas tank and brake booster line
    removed and cleaned 02 sensors
    replaced all plugs (HT0's)
    replaced coils on cylinders 1,2,4
    replaced catalytic converters
    replaced FPDM

Truck still runs rough at idle and has NO power, if you press the gas more than half way, the check engine light flashes (misfire)

Any other suggestions??
    Almost ready to get rid of the truck.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    the truck has a pretty bad vacuum leak, a smoke machine would be the best way to find it.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    the truck has a pretty bad vacuum leak, a smoke machine would be the best way to find it.
    I'll try that next.
    Thanks

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    +1 on what Blind said. Sounds like you have gone through and did almost everything else you can do right now. I would put money that its a vacuum leak somewhere also.

List of all codes in case you didn't already have it
    http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_...cle-pdf-41.pdf

P0301 --> Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
    P0302 --> Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
    P0304 --> Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
    P3000 --> Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
    P0000 --> Generic Ford Code for something is wrong

A few other questions that I would hae would be....How is the fuel pressure? What about the fuel pumps? Did you check the fuel filter?

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    +1 on what Blind said. Sounds like you have gone through and did almost everything else you can do right now. I would put money that its a vacuum leak somewhere also.

List of all codes in case you didn't already have it
    http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_...cle-pdf-41.pdf

P0301 --> Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
    P0302 --> Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
    P0304 --> Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
    P3000 --> Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
    P0000 --> Generic Ford Code for something is wrong

A few other questions that I would hae would be....How is the fuel pressure? What about the fuel pumps? Did you check the fuel filter?
    Thanks,
    I've been datalogging the truck using my SCT from my car.
    Fuel pressure looks in the 40 psi. range at idle, so I'm assuming that is good.
    I haven't changed the fuel filter, but that will be changed next time I mess with the truck.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been datalogging the truck using my SCT for my car.

Fuel pressure is in the 40 psi. range at idle, never did any logs on the road yet.
    I haven't changed the fuel filter yet, but will next time I mess with the truck.

Fuel pump duty cycle is in the 35% range at idle, again never did any logs on the road yet.

Name: Derek

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sure that this issue has been resolved... (or you may have sold the truck!) but I wanted to reply to this old thread as this may help others. Your truck is experiencing a bank specific catalyst damaging misfire... with one difference. The difference is that cylinder #3 is not misfiring. If this were truly a misfire on ALL of bank 1, there would likely be a base engine timing/VCT (variable camshaft timing) fault, restricted catalyst, or faulty HEGO (upstream 02) sensor. If this were the case, simply swap the HEGO's bank to bank to see if the misfires follow. Since there are no P0012 or P034X DTC's, I am sure you do not have a VCT issue. Since the catalysts have been replaced, I also doubt this is the issue.

Also, since this is isolated to one bank, a fueling issue is also not likely, unless there is a restriction in the rail. If I were a betting man, I would replace the fuel injector on cylinder number 3. I bet the #3 fuel injector is restricted or faulty. When this occurs, a severe misfire will be present (can be intermittent) and this will cause an excessively lean reading bank 1 HEGO sensor. This occurs because even if the injector is stuck open flooding the cylinder, there will be a misfire. A misfire means there is partial/incomplete burn, or no combustion. Remember that the HEGO sensor is an oxygen sensor, and cannot read fuel (even if there is a ton of excess). When the PCM sees an excessively lean condition on that bank (due to all the unburned excess oxygen), it will add fuel to cylinders 1, 2, 3, and 4 (remember, the PCM cannot tell the difference for which cylinder is rich or lean, it adjusts the whole bank). If this happens, the PCM may actually cause severe misfires on 3 "good" running cylinders, and correct the issue on the 1 "problem" cylinder. This will flag misfires on the bank with the issue, on all the cylinders that are NOT causing the issue. Like I say, this is most commonly caused by the fuel injector. If the issue was repaired, let me know if I was close. If the truck has not been repaired, replace that injector and let me know what happens. If nothing else, swap it to the other bank and see if the misfires move to the other bank. If they do, you know the injector is at fault...