Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: October 2012 TOTM, Chuck "Cayman150" Thompson Build #09143

Hybrid View

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

October 2012 TOTM, Chuck "Cayman150" Thompson Build #09143

......October's NHTOC TOTM winner is Chuck "Cayman150" Thompson NHTOC #291 Build #09143 Congratulations Chuck......

My family is originally from the islands but when they migrated to the USA to find work I grew up and went to school in the Miami area where they have a house and eventually went a bit further north to finish high school and attend college in the Orlando area. We always visited our family in the islands several times throughout the year and I eventually moved back to the islands when I was 21. Over the last 30+ years we all still go back and forth frequently as my parents still own the house in Miami. I learned a lot about modding these trucks during GTG’s in the Florida area that I try to attend when I can, hence I got adopted by the FHTOC brotherhood.

My dad always enjoyed fast rides and was usually tinkering on our vehicles so I got used to it and wasn’t afraid to wrench on my own stuff. I’ve owned and built cars for drag racing and autocross/circuit racing and loved driving them in amateur competitions.

I’m a sports junky too and enjoy playing football, softball, basketball, volleyball, soccer and tennis. Wait, my mind is playing tricks, I only actually play a couple of these now and watch the rest as my younger years are way behind me!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically your HD Truck?

I actually saw the 2-tone color combo and thought that it was the sexiest looking truck I had ever seen. When I found it had a supercharger in it too I was hooked and wanted one real bad! I searched online for a month or two and tried to find the lowest mileage (3475) unmolested truck out there and just knew it had to be mine. I saw some pretty good deals on modded trucks too but knew I would enjoy doing my own mods.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I’ve had various Camaros and Firebirds for drag racing all with small block 350’s. For autocross and circuit racing, our track and club only allowed 4 bangers to keep the speeds down and safety up so I went through Toyota Corollas, Datsun 510 and a Mazda RX7 before importing a FIA Group A Peugeot 205. I enjoyed the Datsun 510 the most as it went through several engine combo’s including a monster bridge ported rotary. Hurricane Ivan ravished our island in September 2004 so I used my insurance money from my flooded out 2000 4x4 F150 to get my slightly used 2003 Harley truck.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

Audio/Video
    Head Deck = Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD/TV/Tuner with 7” indash display and rear camera
    Amplifier = Clif Designs
    Subwoofer = JL Audio stealth box 12"
    Front & rear door speakers = JL Audio xr570CXi coaxials with component tweeters

Engine/Exhaust
    Stock OEM exhaust
    Diablo Sport Predator - programmable performance engine tuner
    RWTD (Run With The Devil) 19 degree custom dyno engine tune
    L&S Oil Separator system
    Navi fuel filter
    Chickenears polished billet engine dress up kit#1
    Chickenears polished billet engine dress up kit#2
    MotoBlue polished billet cold air intake with 9” cone filter
    MAC 95mm polished billet MAF tube
    C&L power intake elbow
    Accufab polished billet single blade 1700cfm throttle body
    C&L ported supercharger plenum
    MotoBlue interchangeable 8 lb. lower pulley
    170 degree thermostat
    Metco polished billet auxillary idler bracket & pulley’s
    LFP electric fan
    Factory Tech transmission valve body
    MAC finned aluminum transmission pan
    Trasko polished billet oil filter system
    Tsunami LED voltage chrome battery terminals
    Chrome jack handle

Lighting
    Sylvania Xenarc HID headlights
    APC clear corners
    Sylvania chrome side marker lights
    Roush foglights with HID 6k bulb kit
    Eurostar Black LED tail lights
    Ford Lightning LED 3rd brake light
    AMG Line of Fire LED light bar
    Modified fog light switch

Brakes/Suspension
    RotorPros dimpled & slotted vented rotors
    Hawk ceramic disc brake pads
    MGP brake caliper covers
    BellTech 2” drop rear shackles
    Hotchkis Total Vehicle System suspension
    includes - (front coil springs, rear leaf springs, front and rear anti-sway bars)
    Bilstein Lightning spec gas shocks
    LFP 58” powder coated traction bars
    *** pan hard bar
    PML finned aluminum diff cover
    Tires=295/45/VR20 BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

Exterior
    DeVries Customs Gel “Fast” overlays
    Lincoln Navigator chrome antenna base
    Lincoln Blackwood chrome window trim
    Lincoln Blackwood chrome mirror backs
    J - Jent lower grill
    BedRug carpeted bed
    SlimLine Hard tonneau
    Cervini’s Cobra R hood

Interior other
    Chickenears polished billet tilt knob
    Chickenears polished billet door sills
    ShowMeChromeAndBillet chrome door lock strikers
    SVT polished billet coat hangers
    Chrome & rubber matching emergency brake pedal
    Lotek dual gauge pillar pod
    AutoMeter vacuum & boost gauge
    DynoJet Wide Band Commander system with air-fuel ratio gauge

Still in the box waiting to be installed
    JLP CAI
    Diablo MAFia
    Walbro fuel pumps
    Yukon 4.10 differential gears
    *** tilt hood kit
    Electric recirculation thru flow IC pump
    Zex wet nitrous kit with bottle warmer, purge and led show light

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I like to do some fishing on weekends as well as catch a few sets of tennis. I enjoy growing various local fruit trees and vegetables around the yard too and have learned a little about grafting for hybrid propogation. I’ve been in I.T all my life but these days I leave the youngsters to come show me all of the really cool stuff they want to implement.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

I still love learning all I can about these trucks and helping out others who are looking to care for their baby too. The comraderie is just great and our membership is always there to help you.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

We need to think of something to get the traffic back up as it is quite slow now. Also, I’ll harp on the picture situation again too. I lost a lot of my links because Kodak stopped their online storage and sold out to Shutterfly so all my hosted pic links to Kodak are broken now.

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

I was using it over at FordTruckWorld when I first got my 2000 F150 4x4 so I continued with it over here too.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?

I had bought a Whipple for it and planned to go built but they have closed our track down here so there is nowhere to really stretch the legs anymore. I ended up selling the Whipple to another member on here. I have a friend with a Lightning who went with a fully built JLP crate long block and topped it with a KB 2.6. He has had a lot of trouble with it as he blew the tranny then put a monster box in. Then he blew the diff and had to replace that with a Detroit locker. I really like that I can just go outside and turn the key anytime I want and my baby just sits there and purrs with no trouble. I’ve kinda been there and done all that now so if our track opens up again I’ll do a purpose built race car that will be a lot easier to go fast with than this 5800 lb. sled. As it is not my DD anymore the HD basically is a garage queen except on weekends or for car shows these days. Oh, btw….you might see some of the older pics with the running boards that I got it with but I finally found a set of OEM chrome nerfs and got them on now.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

Hey, life is short, so live it to your best and always make sure you really enjoy what you are doing whether it be work or play!

and this is where I put Shamu to bed and tuck her in with her own special two-tone blankie.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Way to go Chuck!!! Love seeing another 03 Two Tone getting TOTM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    Way to go Chuck!!! Love seeing another 03 Two Tone getting TOTM!!!

Been a string of them lately

Congrats on the win!

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    CONGRATULATIONS! Way 2 go KMan. Another Shamu wins TOTM!

You're a great asset to NHTOC. Always helpful and knowledgeable.

How many Shamu wins does that make for TOTM so far this year?

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Congra... Nice.

RWHP-500-RWTQ-590 STOCK BLOCK. street tune

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Awesome! Congrats!
    Troy - 2002 DSG #09850. 378 HP, 465 TQ

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    has anyone seen this truck in person? I dont think this exists in the real world. I've known this guy for a while and I know that he is skilled with a computer and is fluent with photo shop. so dont believe for a minute that something that good looking is real unless you can touch it.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Thanks a bunch guys! This is truly a great group with a passion for these trucks. I know some will come and some will go but just the fact that you had an HD truck and shared and felt the brotherhood is a great life long memory and experience. It's a great journey!

Thanks again to all who voted and best of luck to the future TOTM candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by cfradam View Post
    has anyone seen this truck in person? I dont think this exists in the real world. I've known this guy for a while and I know that he is skilled with a computer and is fluent with photo shop. so dont believe for a minute that something that good looking is real unless you can touch it.

BTW....Adam, it's about time you booked your flight and brought all the rest of the gang!

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    CONGRATS Chuck!!! ... again. Absolutely SCARY Bee-U-tee-ful ! I am jealous!

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Congrads Truck looks Great

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    good going
    Slick
    "Suffer No Fools"
    "USMC 1968-2004"
    NHTOC #103
    02 DSG, Born 6/18/02, Adopted 12/27/02
    BG Racing Builder- Ford racing short block,
    Trickflow heads, 6# Lower, Magnum Powers Idler Pulley
    Hotchkiss suspension, D-MR Hood Mod, D-MR Cannon Performance Exhaust,
    Stiffler long bars, JLP street intercooler tank, JLP forced air induction,
    KB waiting to be put on.

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats...Awesome truck.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    nice truck, awesome house!
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    Congrats. Well deserved!
    Kenne Bell 2.6 - JLP Forced Air Induction - MAFia - JLP Thunder Tube - 60 lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost A Pump - Afco Heat Exchanger - Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps - Accufab SBTB - Denso Plugs - JLP IC Reservoir - PI Stall Converter - Weapon X cops - Factory Tech Valve Body - JLP Comp R Exhaust - QA1 Shocks - Beltech Drop Springs - PST CF Driveshaft - Flex Form Fiberglass Leafs - JLP Shackles - Hotchkis Sway Bars - JLP Traction Bars - RotorPro Brakes - Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - DiabloSport Predator - JLP Dyno Tune - Detroit Truetrac - Forte and Grabbers - Bogarts and Hoosiers

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Thanks again guys.

This has got to be one of the best forums on the internet as the members here are always willing to help each other and not as cut throat as some of the other sites I've visisted.

Many thanks to Merlin for runnning TOTM and putting up with our late postings and for sending out the TOTM prize package! I just got mine!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast