Thread: November 2012 TOTM Kevin "Blind" Tansey Build #09617

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

November 2012 TOTM Kevin "Blind" Tansey Build #09617

...November's NHTOC TOTM winner is Kevin "Blind" Tansey Build #09617 Congratulations Kevin...

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically your HD Truck?
    I was fairly obsessed with wanting a Lightning when I was in high school, but when the `02 Harley was announced I knew I would own one someday.
    When I got my first ‘real job’ I began looking, and 6 months later I bought my truck following my first review/raise/bonus.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?
    The first car I bought myself was a 1995 F150. I built a open track car in 2005 starting with an `89 mustang LX coupe 4cyl/automatic,
    and built my own cobra starting with a 97 mustang gt in 2008. I’ve also owned several Chevy trucks and old 80’s BMW’s…
    I’m not very brand loyal, I just like unique cars that have something special about them.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!
    The big ones are the Stiegemeier ported eaton/plenum/throttle body, MMR ported heads, OBX long tubes, valve body shift kit, L&S oil separator,
    Hotchkis TVS kit with lightning bilstein shocks and I tuned the truck myself with an innovate wideband and SCT software.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!
    I’m the IT guy for Zindagi Games (Zindagi Games Inc.) which produces the best PlayStation Move games on the market.
    It’s a lot of work since I’m the only IT guy but also a lot of fun. I’m an avid cyclist and ride a bike to work every day, and go downhill mountain biking on the weekends.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?
    The helpfulness of the members and the easy access to tech with other people interested in the best trucks ever built.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?
    Please get rid of the stupid classified plugin and create sub forums for the sale categories instead.

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?
    I started a small company which in college called Blind Batteries where I sold custom battery packs for r/c cars.
    The blind has nothing to do with eye site or skateboarding like most people assume. I have perfect vision with no glasses and I absolutely hate skateboarders ;)

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!
    As I just paid it off a couple of months ago…keep it clean and forever  If I ever pop the engine I’ll do a shortblock build.
    I guess the short term ‘mods’ will be a color matched line-x bedliner, a retractable bed cover, and changing the diff oil + adding a ford racing
    diff cover if it fits with my rear swaybar. I do also want to tint the front windows but haven’t been able to find a place that would guarantee
    a match to the rear factory tint…

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...
    here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

Go out and buy a Playstation Move bundle with Sports Champions 1 or 2, or Deadmund’s Quest so I can afford more mods for my truck!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Congrats Blind. Welcome to the TOTM club!

Great ride and well deserved!

Wicked tires. Which ones are those?

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    thanks, they're nitto 420s in 305/40r22 rear and 285/35r22 front

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Congra... Blind

RWHP-500-RWTQ-590 STOCK BLOCK. street tune

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats...great looking truck...

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Congrads Blind nice truck Blind was my nickname in High School because of the thick glasses lol

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    thanks, they're nitto 420s in 305/40r22 rear and 285/35r22 front
    Ah ha....I thought the tread pattern looked familiar. I have Nitto 404 Extreme Force 315/60/18 on my 4x4.

NHTOC # 373
    Name: Dick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats on TOTM.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts

November 2012 TOTM Kevin "Blind" Tansey Build #09617

Congrats!
    Kenne Bell 2.6 - JLP Forced Air Induction - MAFia - JLP Thunder Tube - 60 lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost A Pump - Afco Heat Exchanger - Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps - Accufab SBTB - Denso Plugs - JLP IC Reservoir - PI Stall Converter - Weapon X cops - Factory Tech Valve Body - JLP Comp R Exhaust - QA1 Shocks - Beltech Drop Springs - PST CF Driveshaft - Flex Form Fiberglass Leafs - JLP Shackles - Hotchkis Sway Bars - JLP Traction Bars - RotorPro Brakes - Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - DiabloSport Predator - JLP Dyno Tune - Detroit Truetrac - Forte and Grabbers - Bogarts and Hoosiers

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Congrats & welcome to the TOTM club!!!!

Name: andy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats!!!!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Congrats, Blind!! Great to have another DSG represent the best year of all H-D's! ... the ONLY year!