Thread: Standing water on passenger floor

Name: James

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Standing water on passenger floor

So I've noticed occasionally that if I forget to close the sunroof from it's tipped feature on rainy days that water makes it's way inside. While some are saying duh, BMW's it isn't a concern because there are basically little gutters for what may roll off the roof and inside...clearly not with this truck.

What happens then is water will drip every so slightly from the RH "oh ****" handle, which is a few drops here and there at best. I've owned this truck for a short time, but something else is going on because I've got two small puddles on the floor. In the next few months I will be removing the interior to do my vinyl wrapping project, but in the meantime, can anyone suggest places I should be looking? I'm just curious if there are known problem areas, drain holes that get clogged, etc because when its raining as I drive, it sounds as if there is splashing over my RH shoulder on the C-pillar, but I've yet to see standing water there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by m5james; 11-05-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Normally I would say its your seal in your sunroof but you said you leave it open in the tilt position at times so it could be your drains. Either way I would check out both.

Seals around the sunroof...just take some water and slowley have someone pour it over the sunroof (while its closed) to see if you have any leakage.

If your sunroof drains are clogged you can look at them by opening your sunroof and looking into the corners (IIRC, they are in the front...need to go look myself to be sure). You will see the drain holes and just take a flashlight if they are in a shadow to see if they are clogged or not.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts