Thread: It was a close call but but the harley truck pulled through

Name: mike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It was a close call but but the harley truck pulled through

Well last week my 03 hd truck was almost a floater thanks to sandy i had my truck on the highest ground possible at my house and it was almost not good enough i was out in the hurricane in ankle deep water getting deeper by the min with two jacks jacking up the front of my truck im not to positive how high the water got cuz i was scared to look i thought it was as good as junk o and btw i disc anted the battery figuring its done with and im only 21 so i got minimum insurance so it would have been as good as scrap i do know it got deep but no water in the truck thank good so at two am when the tide went down i was out there hosing it off in and out and let it run i must have cleaned that thing ten times last week to get the salt off my plane for the winter was to buy a winter beater and take the hd off the road but now i might just keep it on the road and spend the money on a full service rear fluid tranny fluid oil super charger clean pulley tune plugs bumpers painted from road chips and a full detail lol the truck has 103000 miles and its do for a good service any way i just wanted to vent how i almost lost my baby haha and dont mind my ****ty grammar

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Great that you saved it. Good luck.

I've been there and done that. I lost my 2000 4x4 to flooding from Hurricane Ivan in 2004 and then used the insurance money + some more $ to get my HD.

Finally got the rebuild done on the 4x4 and using it for a DD now while the HD is back in the garage.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hate the wear and tare as a daily driver but i do love driving it every day tho

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You are a dedicated HD owner, out in a super storm driven flood jacking your truck up to keep water out of it! My suggestion would be to wash the underside of it really well, perhaps find some freshwater puddles and drive it through them at a moderate speed to wash the salt out of the cracks/crevices underneath. I'd also get the differential fluid changed ASAP and maybe repack the wheel bearings to help prevent rust. I used to 4x4 in the mud here in FL and the differentials, brakes and wheel bearings had to be cleaned and serviced each time I went axle deep or more. Before I learned that, I had to replace parts a lot when they would get pitted, grind themselves up with dirt or just get noisy due to surface rust on moving parts.

Might also want to clean the fog light sockets/connectors with electronic cleaner (brake cleaner will work too) then douse the connectors with a little WD-40 and some dielectric grease in the light sockets. Drove my car on Daytona Beach when the tide was coming in and the leads rusted completely off my fog light bulbs within a couple months!

Hope this helps!

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    I here you Bro got 136k on my 03 still runs great thank God you guys are ok up there any news on the other guys on the east coast

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks guy ya i been washing the under carrage all the time and the fog light socets are a good idea aling with the rear bearings and the only other hd owner that i know over here on the board is lenny and hes only one town away depending were he was located hes truck could be scrap by now.. This storm was crazy i run a marina and not one boat stayed in place on the block they all pick up floated around some sunk some floated in naghbors back yeards i got a lot if pics for u guys