Thread: coolant leak

Name: Derek

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

coolant leak

Today I stopped my truck and noticed a puddle of water under it. I got under the truck and the water was leaking down from the around the top of the transmission. I looked from the top of the engine and from underneath the truck but could not find the source of the leak. Im thinking it is actually leaking from somewhere near the firewall. I know its not the two that are attached on the top back of the charger. What hoses could I begin to check to find this leak?

Name: Keith

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Intercooler hose leak? or heater hose maybe

Name: asdfasfasdf

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Heater core hoses leak at the o-ring quick connectors. They tend to drip on the number 4 coil and plug too.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Heater core hoses leak at the o-ring quick connectors. They tend to drip on the number 4 coil and plug too.
    +1

Name: Derek

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I put the leak dye in the system and still no luck. I dont see any leak from above(heater hoses, intercooler hoses). The starter and some of the transmission near where the starter is mounted is wet and the dye is glowing. It doesnt look like anything is coming out from inside the transmission. I just cant seem to find the leak.

***Update*** After putting the truck in the garage in complete darkness, I found a nice size puddle of water glowing under the charger and intake manifold in that space behind the alternator. Without tearing it down any ideas on any coolant hose or coolant routing in this area?
    Last edited by blackhawg; 11-18-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Name: Juan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm having that same problem right now what did you resolve out of it was it the heater hose ?