Thread: HD wheel center removal

Name: Randy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HD wheel center removal

Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post so bear with me,
    I have an 05 F-250 HD with the 20" HD aluminum wheels. Today I took it to the local dealer to get some work done on a front wheel seal and when they brought my truck out it was without both front wheel centers. The first one was broken when the tech pryed it off and the other was removed by taking the lug nuts off and not put back on. I have had the truck in many times for front end work, tire rotations and just yesterday I had to place my spare on the back. Never was my centers damaged in any way. The tech said that the last guy who put the tires on put the centers on and then the lugs. I watched a few guys do that and to me it looked the right thing to do. I am very upset that now I have one trashed center and according to the tech the other is very cracked as well. Going back tomorrow to get the rest of the work completed.

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    are they not replacing them after they broke them?

Name: Keith

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Welcome to NHTOC.

I would have never left without some manager explaining to me why they would hire such dumbasses to do work like that which represents the entire dealership. They would have had to fix it on the spot otherwise I would have parked it in the middle of their service center entrance and taken the keys out and sat and waited.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ^^^ this

cbrittingham
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Heads would have rolled.... Don't leave there with out them replacing them. BTW you watched the right way to do it. Sounds like they just man handled the caps instead of gradually working them out. Sorry to hear about it.