Thread: Vacuum lines question???

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Vacuum lines question???

a few days ago a customer at work was telling me about how to put some vacuum lines together and the purpose of it. Unfortunately i didnt get to it right away so i want to double check if i got this right and if somebody has heard of this and what it does. He told me to pull the pink line from the first picture and to add a T adapter on the line with the arrows, but that line goes only to my boost gauge. Is that how it goes or did i get something wrong?? Yeah my engine is really dirty cause i work two jobs and haven't had a chance to clean it up just saying before someone bites my head off for it

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    called boost bypass mod.....no need for it.....when you go to the track just unplug the boost bypass solenoid elec connection....when finished drag racing plug it back up.

in stock config the PCM can command the Boost Bypass actuator to open under certain conditions......safety precaution built into the strategy and design. One scenario is dumping boost after a massive burntout.....which after its triggered a simple turn truck off and then back on will clear it as well.

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Alright good to know, thanks for the info