......December 2012 NHTOC TOTM winner is Mike "Merlin" Moore NHTOC #656 Build #5913 Congratulations Mike......

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically your HD Truck?

It originally started with a pair of 100th anniversary Harley motorcycles I purchased in 2002. The wife and I have ridden them all over. Been to the Harley-Davidson 100th anniversary party in Milwaukee in 2003, The Black Hills at Sturgis and we try to ride up to the Blue Ridge mountains every year.

The Harley truck at the time was a wouldn't it be "nice to have". Then as time went on we started looking at the 03 two-tones that came up for sale. All of the ones we looked at were rode very hard and put away wet. I really wanted something that was stock and well taken care of.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

The only exciting vehicle I owned was my first, a 68 Olds Hurst W31 since then it's been all practical daily driver vehicles. After we purchased the two 100th motorcycles I really wanted a virgin truck that was well taken care of. I looked for two years before i found mine. It was a one owner private sale. He had purchased it new and had a garage built in his back yard for it. It was pure stock except for the towing package, tonneau cover, double din radio, C&L intake elbow and Magnaflow exhaust.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

The list...like a lot of the folks here...is long, dynamic and growing. so I'll give you the short version.
Interior - RAAMmat and JL Audio | Exterior - very lovingly OCDetailed | Engine/Exhaust - Pulley, Plugs and Tune and a little bling | Wheels/Suspension - Ventus ST RH06 295/45/20, XFR Upper Control Arms, Camber bolts and Clunk washer

Here is the Long version if you'd like to see it. -> CLICK HERE <-

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

Been a local South Floridian most of my life, I like riding my Harley it clears my head and puts my mind in a better place. Sadly, unlike most of the folks on here I probably couldn't turn a wrench to save my life but what I bring to the table is my hobby and passion for detailing polishing paint to a "concours show car" finish. I enjoy take Shamu to cars shows to represent the Ford/Harley Trucks.

Dennis Gage

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

IMHO the folks here are what make NHTOC a great community. It's not a "big city" it's a small town. Where folks know each other, are good neighbors, happy, respectful, kind and willing to lend a hand.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

It would be good to have new registered members introduce themselves in the “New Member Section” before being able to post.

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

This one is easy. Merlin has been my motorcycle riding street name for many years. I’m glad it was available when I registered.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

It is my intention to keep the 03 100th anniversary Feng Shui clean stock appearance. The engine is almost virgin, except for a little “wake-up” and some bling. I have done a few other things to it lately so the dust will need to settle a bit first.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

I want to thank my wonderful wife for her interest in both the bikes and our Shamu truck. I’d like to thank all the folks on NHTOC for making me feel comfortable, welcome and their helpful advice. I’d like to also thank all the members that voted for me. The HD truck brings us here. The members keep us coming back.

Become a paid member.

Shameless plug: My Website: Quicksilver - Home Page