Well, my previous post indicated that I was going to sell my '03 Shamu and get a Stroked Hog. Well my family and I picked up an '07 Wedgewood Blue with black flames powered by a 6.0 Stroke. Best part...I still have my '03 Shamu.

Now for the questions...

1. Diesel fuel. Is there a difference between what big trucks (semis) run and automotive diesel that is at gas stations and truck stops. Asking the clerk at the truck top gave me the answer - truck drivers / companies buy into programs that allows their fuel to be less expensive at the pump. This unfortunately didn't answer the question. I'm inquiring as to the chemical makeup of the fuel. I have been trying to use an additive that keeps the fuel system functioning properly, keeps fuel from gelling, etc. a family friend of ours has an early Excursion with a 7.3 Stroke and he has never put anything in his fuel with around 280,000 on its clock. Living in the Midwest, I am concerned also about gelling of the fuel. Ay thoughts are certainly appreciated.

2. Codes - last week while driving in town 35-45mph speeds, the truck threw 3 codes at me. The first is P0405: which per ChinaZone tells me the EGR valve has failed. The other two codes were: U1900 and C2900. ChinaZone had no information on either of these two codes. The following day, when taking the truck to town, I noticed that the check engine was out, and has not returned since. I was to the understanding that when the computer threw a code to you, that you had to have it reset at a dealer, workshop, etc. Autozone didn't erase the code. Any ideas?

3. Lastly - Block Heaters. Our Stroke doesn't have one. Again, living in the Midwest, we do get cold during the winter. A block down the street is a '93 with I believe early generation 7.3, and his is plugged in from September to end of April. When it's down below 32 or so, she has an entertaining idle for about 30-45 seconds then all is back to normal. Will it be ok to continue on without a block heater, or can someone direct me to where i can pick one up.

Lastly, I realize that this was a long post, however I certainly appreciate any input that you can provide to assist.

Thank you