National Harley Truck Owners Club

. . . . 2012 Truck Of The Year . . . .

Mike "Merlin" Moore - 2003 Silver/Black 100th Anniversary H-D Build #5913

The wife and I spent a couple of years looking for this truck. We must have passed on purchasing quite a few two-tones during that time. Why? They go fast and almost all of them were rode hard and put away wet. Eventually we found a family just south of us where the original owner had purchased the truck new and had a garage built in his back yard to keep it in. This truck was his pride and joy. It was pure stock except for a few minor touches and that was exactly what I was looking for. Except the PP&T mod and some car-show bling under the hood I've tried to keep the FoMoCo stock truck Feng Shui.

Now as most of you already know it was the purchase of this truck that has lead to my OCDetailing. My wife doesn't understand (nor do I think she ever will) why I enjoy detailing this truck so much. IMHO There are never enough polishes, glazes, waxes, sealants and time to keep Shamu looking better than show-room new. I truly enjoy helping fellow NHTOC members achieve that show-car finish. Detailing is a science, skill and art that I am continually learning.

Thank you everyone. It is an honor and a privilege to be the NHTOC Truck Of The Year.