Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 07 Saleen HD - having problems day after I bought it - HELP

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Sounds like you have a flake dealer. They should know all of this already.

Is this a true Ford dealership that sells new Fords or just some other brand of dealer that takes trade-ins and sells used Fords?

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Name: Jason

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After numerous phone calls I finally got them approved through warranty. So much hassle over something so petty. Hopefully get it back early next week.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another update, truck is still in the shop, they put 39lb injectors in but after installing them they now say that it toasted the catalytic converters when the injectors went bad. As of now I am supposed to get the truck back today. So to recap, they put new plugs in, new coil packs, 8 new injectors and a new catalytic converter. Hopefully I can finally drive this thing some now, keeping fingers crossed. They have had my truck for a month, I'll never go back to the same dealership for work. The dealership was going to try to make me pay for the plugs but I told them that since they were faulty secondary to the injectors failing then the warranty should cover it and they said no, that I would have to pay. SO I called up my warranty and they gladly said they would pay for the plugs. I think my dealer is just too lazy to call and get the work approved. So all I'm out is $100 bucks on all this for my deductible on my warranty. So far I'm pleased with my warranty I purchased.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    sorry for the bunch of bull you're having to deal with, once it's all sorted out the truck will be great I'm sure.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

07 Saleen HD - having problems day after I bought it - HELP

Hope so I'm really excited to get it back seems like its been gone forever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

07 Saleen HD - having problems day after I bought it - HELP

Guess I jinxed myself by posting this. Dealer called and said the other converter is clogged up now and it will be 3 more days waiting on parts again. This is never gonna end.....

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    that's ridiculous, it's warranty work they should just replace both sides of the mid pipe / both cats at the first sign of a problem with them.

Thumbs up

Yeah, too bad you're having all these issues....but great job on getting that extended warranty! It sure sounds like it's taking care of things for you.

You'll love driving it when you get it back on the road with all the compliments and head turning going on!

Here's to better days ahead!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I said the same thing Blind. I was already under the impresssion they replaced both converters. I asked if they could just bypass them and he said it wouldn't run right if he did that so I said whatever another few days, it's already been a month. It's like a dangling carrot in front of me lol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Finally got my truck back in the 6th week of it being in the shop. It seems to run fine, the miss is gone. Injectors were the culprit. Maybe it's just me but it doesn't feel nearly as fast as it was before, I guess it's time to start modding.

That's great that you have it back and it is running better without the miss.

The previous owner might have had a updated flash tune in it and the dealer flashed it back to an OEM stock tune so they could work on it.

See if you can find a Saleen dealer and see what tune they recommend or maybe try to find an SCT or Diablo handheld tuner for it and at least use their performance tunes until you decide if you want to change pulleys and get a dyno (preferred) or email tune.

Name: Wayne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I may have the answer to your problem, I also have an 07 Saleen HD but mine has about 120,000 on her. Several months ago my truck started experiencing the same problem. I changed the fuel filter, transmission filter and fluid, and attempted to change the sparkplugs. I bought the special magnetic socket with extension and broke the #1 plug. Had it towed to the local Ford dealer who did finished the plug change. They broke 4 more and the and only charged me $50 per plug to fish them out(bad head design). Fixed the problem for only a short time and the problem started again. I'm a decent mechanic but for me, I would have to start changing: injectors, coil packs, etc... so I took it back to Ford. They spent 6 hours running every test they could run with no success, spent 90 minutes with Ford in Detroit and had them scratching their heads also. Then they called Saleen and spoke with a Technician who had been with Saleen before it was sold. He stated which ever bank the problem was on(mine was on the drivers side), the Catalytic Converter was more than likely bad. Had to have one special made due to the super charger but that did the trick, truck runs like a screamin eagle again. I'm fixin to change the one on the passengers side but having a little finding where to purchase the correct OEM part. Hope this helps. Phantom F-150.

My time ran out and I missed the part where you found the problem, sorry for the above.
    Last edited by phantom f150; 04-20-2014 at 09:54 PM. Reason: The site logged me out before I could read the rest of the post.

Name: Donald

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the same truck 07' Saleen supercharged Harley Davidson. Mine has 40,000 and the cat went out on my drivers side. Replaced with one from autozone for $100. Ford mechanic said it would be fine. Seems a little slower now though. Do I need a different cat?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2