Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just bought an 02 w 116k.... Anyone in Tampa area willing to work on her for me or??

02dsglei
    Name: Lei

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just bought an 02 w 116k.... Anyone in Tampa area willing to work on her for me or??

As title states.. Just bought an 02 hd w 116k, I would like to get some routine maintainance done and probably a few aftermarket items and wanted to know if anyone in the Tampa area would be willing to come and work on her or reccomend a reputable shop/mechanic. This is my 3rd hd but I never really had to have the others worked on (first one I sold 2 weeks after owing it because a guy offered me 3,000 more and the 2nd my father had his mechanics work on it but that's 5 hours from where I live now plus that mechanic has moved to another state). I def. plan to keep this one.... Anyone willing to help out message me or call/text me @ 3524449588. Thanks

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Lei,

Welcome to the NHTOC

Tampa area HD's...I am not sure who is there. There is a big group of lightning guys in your area (and since they have the same plateform as we do), I would recommend posting up a hello over on Lightning Forums - LightningGarage.com & Lightingrodder.com to see who is close to you.

If any HD owner is close to you and see this thread or any other you post up on the other sites, I am sure they will help you out. Wrenching GTG's are always fun!!

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    The L/HD boys are a great group! Like Oki said, post up on some other sites, provide some beer and pizza and Im sure they will come out in full force. Might want to warn your neighbors, when they hear the rumble, its not another hurricane, just a bunch of Lightning!

02dsglei

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks a lot oki and sonic.... I'm gonna go browse those forums now. Also, I was told I'm need sway bar end links and also want to do a oil sep./catch can along w an intake to start. Do you have a place/website you can reccomend for some hd aftermarket/performance parts besides autozone. Thank you again

Sport90's #1

I would start searching the for sale ads on the forums...there are always lots of guys going back to stock or going bigger. You can get a good price on these parts instead of buying everything brand new. Then of course some supporting vendors are always good to see what they have...Mike with Madenterprise is fantastic. Find a vendor and then do a search for them using the search tool...read the threads to see what others say about them before you start buying.

Oil seperator...from what is out there right now, I would say go with the L&S...its pricey but worth it. As for an intake, all your really going to get from it is slightly better throttle response...without doing other mods & tuning you are not going to see the HP/TQ gains they all claim.

Sit back with a beer and use the search tool for all the threads about what to do in starting to mod your truck and you will see lots of info.

Stay away from Autozone for "perfomance parts"...all those stores are good for is when you need oil, filter, coolant, wipers, etc... No good modding parts come from Autozone.

Server Admin - Owner
    Name: Doug

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    Lei,

Welcome to the NHTOC

Tampa area HD's...I am not sure who is there. There is a big group of lightning guys in your area (and since they have the same plateform as we do), I would recommend posting up a hello over on Lightning Forums - LightningGarage.com & Lightingrodder.com to see who is close to you.

If any HD owner is close to you and see this thread or any other you post up on the other sites, I am sure they will help you out. Wrenching GTG's are always fun!!
    Is it too much to ask to NOT tell a brand new member to go elsewhere ?

"I WANNA GO FAST"
    Name: Ajay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just bought an 02 w 116k.... Anyone in Tampa area willing to work on her for me or??

I don't think he was asked to "go elsewhere" lightning rodder is full of the same kind of information and is a great place for forum users that have HD trucks to learn more about our platform. It's a forum to use in conjunction with NHTOC and is no replacement for the people and information you will find here, 99 percent of everything you need will be here on NHTOC, we looks forward to meeting you 02dsglei! Any questions you might have about the truck post up and someone can usually answer it for you!

2002 DSG Nicknamed "Haley the Harley Truck"
    2013 TOTM Moderator

Sport90's #1

Quote Originally Posted by silver_2000 View Post
    Wasn't telling him to go away from the the NTHOC. I like many other members here belong to many forums that are specific to our plateforms. If I wanted to tell him to stay away from this site, I would have specifically said that. Like I said in the post...don't know of many members on this site in his area & he is asking for help. There is a large group in his area on other sites that could help him out. I hope he finds help and stays on all sites.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayBrown View Post
    I don't think he was asked to "go elsewhere" lightning rodder is full of the same kind of information and is a great place for forum users that have HD trucks to learn more about our platform. It's a forum to use in conjunction with NHTOC and is no replacement for the people and information you will find here, 99 percent of everything you need will be here on NHTOC, we looks forward to meeting you 02dsglei! Any questions you might have about the truck post up and someone can usually answer it for you!
    +1

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_2000 View Post
    I'd be pretty bored if I only visited 1 forum forever.

Server Admin - Owner
    Name: Doug

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
    Its not about there only being one forum, it is about the fact that a person that JUST signed up here is in his first post told to go elsewhere. Its simply rude and inappropriate. And to a large degree its how other sites get started. The fact that you don't see that is one of the reasons the previous owners decided to ban those words. I know you wont get or agree with this analogy, BUT its just the same as some one standing in front of Best buy and telling people that walk in to go look for what hey want at Fry's.

NHTOC is a business. If it stops making enough money to keep the lights on, it closes. To have members telling new members, "you wont find what you want here, go to these other places" That assures the demise of the site. Again you don't have to agree or like it but it doesn't change the fact that its true. Im trying to do what I can to keep the doors open here. Have some respect for that.

Sport90's #1

Doug,

Understood...point taken. Its a business & the lights need to stay on.

Main thing I see out of this thread is that an HD owner asked for help from someone in his area. This thread has had over 94 views since it was started and like I said, I didn't know of any HD owners in his area...specifically none on this site. That is evident as no one has posted up in this thread that they are in his area and no one has posted up to specifically tell him to contact a member of this site who they know is in his area.

I look at this site as a community and a new member needed help...he was given help, as this past weekend he met up with a Lightning Owner who lives in his area and got all the work done on the truck that was needed. I don't see telling the OP where to find help a way of telling him not to stay on or belong to this site...and don't take it as the OP took it that way either as his last activity was yesterday & I gave him my helpful information on the 2nd.

IMO, the best forums out there are the ones where the members tell each other everthing they have to know including other forums that could be useful resources for any/all new/old members. Any person who is online and looking at the forums will decide for themselves what sites they want to stay on or not based upon the helpfulness of its members and how they are treated.

OP (Lei) --> Please tell us what you think about all of this. Did my actions in any way imply to you, to NOT be a member here on the NHTOC? Or was the information you recieved what you were looking for and because you recieved it, you are now a member of not only this site (NHTOC) but other useful sites devoted to this platform (truck) that you will be frequently visiting all of them to continue to contribute & learn.

Also, If the information you recieved on this site in anyway made you feel that you should not be a member here, then I appologize, as that is not the case. This was the first site I joined, have been a moderator on this site, and feel this is my original home and would hope you stay here for life adding to the value of the NHTOC.

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WOW, way to go Matt glad your not paying my light bill

02dsglei

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oki... In no way did you "offend" or "scare" me away from this site, all you did was give me a reccomendation/suggestion/answer to the question that I asked. I met another great local guy (even cooler that he's also a Jamaican like me lol) he helped me with my truck and I will continue to stay in touch w him. Oki, I thank you. This forum is supposed to be about the love of the trucks, everything needed or wanted for our trucks is not going to be found here and here only....all of us may/will need to go elsewhere sometimes, oki just pointed me in the right direction. Again, thank you oki
    Last edited by 02dsglei; 01-08-2013 at 12:39 PM.

02dsglei

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Perfect opportunity to post some pics of the new baby? Or shameless plug lol?? Either way. Here's a couple pics for you guys
    Attached Images Attached Images

Time For More Mods!
    Name: Kevin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lei

I moved to Plam Harbor about 6 months ago from Metro Atlanta and havent found a spot to take my 02 yet utside of the lcoal Ford dealer (Karl Flammer) - I had them upgrade my rotor pro brakes and do a few other odds and ends sine I had issues finding someone around locally.

I am about to have a custom paint job done on my ride at Liquid Lenny's in Clearwater and will be in Spring Hill on the 19th, I believe, to get my new fiberglass ARE cover installed. I have done a bunch of mods and wouldnt mind hooking up for a few while they install my lid and discuss. After the paint is done we can talk about the Harwood Cowl hood that is also being installed - it arrives tomorrow :-)

I will be at American Car Craft 2 on US 19 if you want to hook up on my install day - just PM me and we can work out the details.

After the paint is done it will be time to go to the 22" rims and 285/35/22 tires all the way around.

Purchased June 2008 - Daily Driver
    Tuned by SCT Advantage III
    440 RWHP 536 Torque
    Sig by oldtimer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast