Thread: oil filter

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

oil filter

dumb question but what oil filter is everyone useing. mine came with motorcraft FL500s on it but when i did my oil change they gave me Fl8206 and its bigger than the FL500s. so i took it back and got the Fl500s am i useing the wrong one help.......

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    ford fl820s is what should be used on the 2003 in your avatar pic unless something has been modified for different filters.

They are interchangeable however the 820s has higher capacity, with a 16psi bypass vs the 8psi bypass on the fl500s, so there is a lot of difference.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Cool

I've gone through a few of these in the last 20k miles with great success. Anybody else ever use them?

The housing is finned to help cooling and the filter element inside is replaceable.

Plus it's nice bling!

index

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    ^ Interesting...nope I've not seen that one. Looks good.

I've been using Mobil 1 M1-210 ever since Harley#356's article Warning for Motorcraft Filters

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    K&N HP-2010 is what I have always used.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    I've gone through a few of these in the last 20k miles with great success. Anybody else ever use them?

The housing is finned to help cooling and the filter element inside is replaceable.

Plus it's nice bling!

index

WHAT really $72 for a oil filter !!! How often you have to replace it ?

RWHP-500-RWTQ-590 STOCK BLOCK. street tune

Rodnik
    Name: Rod

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    ford fl820s is what should be used on the 2003 in your avatar pic unless something has been modified for different filters.

They are interchangeable however the 820s has higher capacity, with a 16psi bypass vs the 8psi bypass on the fl500s, so there is a lot of difference.
    So I just checked the mobil web site to see if they offered a different oil filter for the 2003 supercharged engine and they dont so are they missing something or am I ?

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcobi007 View Post
    WHAT really $72 for a oil filter !!! How often you have to replace it ?
    That's a one time bling purchase. You just change out the filter element inside and those aren't that expensive.
    You just change your oil the same time as you normally would. Although with synthectic oil, a good filter and careful driving it's probably needed a lot less often than the old school cars with petroleum oil and fram filters.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodnik View Post
    So I just checked the mobil web site to see if they offered a different oil filter for the 2003 supercharged engine and they dont so are they missing something or am I ?
    I don't know mobil filter part #'s, the Ford branded Motorcraft oil filter for a 2003 5.4L is the FL-820s, it should not be different from the base engine f150's. The fl500s mentioned here is intended for the newer engines and are spec'ed differently.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Mobil1 lists a M1-210 and a MO4651 for the 03 HD. I've always used the M1-210
    The M1-210 states Extended Life...??? Does anyone know the differences?