Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Front and Rear Shocks - which ones / where

Name: Phil

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Front and Rear Shocks - which ones / where

Hey Guys,

Sorry to post this but I have been searching before I posted. But sometimes too much information is just as bad as no information. Can someone please list shocks that should be used for front and rear. Also where would be a good place to start to purchase them.

Like I said I tried searching but there is a lot of info here.

Thanks

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hello...most guys use bilstein shocks front and rear. Either Lightning spec or supercrew. I run supercrew and they work great.Have had them for about 75,000
    You can get them from Mad Mike from Mad Enterprise...(510) 7426780 he is a good guy to work with.He can help on many different parts...

Name: Keith

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Bilsteins are what, I myself and most people on here use, regular crewcab spec if it isn't lowered, or Lightning specs if it's lowered, or you want some new teeth, LOL . As far as purchasing, look around on the net, or ask Mad, he's one of our great supporting vendors on here,he'll be able to guide you in the right direction. Here's the Link to his site. MADENTERPRISE

Name: Keith

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    HH,beat me to it as I was writing, LOL

Bucks03HD
    Name: Jessey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just ordered a set of Bilsteins from Mike .....

By the way ... Ford is not going to stock some parts for Harley trucks ( already started ) .... I went and asked for a chrome inner door handle - "Obsolete" I asked for suspension bumper pads - "Obsolete" ......

Not Good

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J.shickert View Post
    I just ordered a set of Bilsteins from Mike .....

By the way ... Ford is not going to stock some parts for Harley trucks ( already started ) .... I went and asked for a chrome inner door handle - "Obsolete" I asked for suspension bumper pads - "Obsolete" ......

Not Good
    both can be purchased aftermarket from LMC Truck.

Bucks03HD

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank You

geezerglide
    Name: Leo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok,

Just brought my new to me 03 HD truck, number 0662 back home yesterday. Drove it from Chiliwack, BC to Calgary approx. 888 kms, (530 miles). truck wallowed in the mountain curves, will change shocks. Checking out Bilstein, what is difference 4600 Series, 5100 Series, also read somewhere L series. truck is 2 wheel not lifted, don't want to lift. What would be a suggestion?

Thanks,

geezerglide

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    5100 are for lifted trucks. go 4600. Not sure what "wallowed" means, but if it's reaction to curves might also consider a hotchkiss sport suspension. Tightens it up like a sports car
    Slick
    "Suffer No Fools"
    "USMC 1968-2004"
    NHTOC #103
    02 DSG, Born 6/18/02, Adopted 12/27/02
    BG Racing Builder- Ford racing short block,
    Trickflow heads, 6# Lower, Magnum Powers Idler Pulley
    Hotchkiss suspension, D-MR Hood Mod, D-MR Cannon Performance Exhaust,
    Stiffler long bars, JLP street intercooler tank, JLP forced air induction,
    KB waiting to be put on.

geezerglide

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sport90 View Post
    5100 are for lifted trucks. go 4600. Not sure what "wallowed" means, but if it's reaction to curves might also consider a hotchkiss sport suspension. Tightens it up like a sports car
    Yes, it is the bouncing reactions to the frost heaves in the curves at speed. Will go with the 4600s

Thanks,

geezerglide

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    I have the L spec on the front and 4600 on the rear. Only been on 2 weeks ands its been nice. A lot different than the stockers.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geezerglide View Post
    Ok,

Just brought my new to me 03 HD truck, number 0662 back home yesterday. Drove it from Chiliwack, BC to Calgary approx. 888 kms, (530 miles). truck wallowed in the mountain curves, will change shocks. Checking out Bilstein, what is difference 4600 Series, 5100 Series, also read somewhere L series. truck is 2 wheel not lifted, don't want to lift. What would be a suggestion?

Thanks,

geezerglide
    As others have said above, just call Mike or PM him and tell him what you have and what you want. He'll know what part numbers to sell you as he has done massive mods to his own suspension. Even if it is trouble to buy from him and get them into CA he's worth the knowledge to get it right.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

geezerglide

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    As others have said above, just call Mike or PM him and tell him what you have and what you want. He'll know what part numbers to sell you as he has done massive mods to his own suspension. Even if it is trouble to buy from him and get them into CA he's worth the knowledge to get it right.
    I am in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, however driving down to Phoenix mid June, any one know of a suspension place I could get the work done at. I don't feel like crawling under the truck in 120 degree weather and installing suspension components.

Oh Yah, Mike who?

Thanks,

geezerglide

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    Mike is a vendor who supports this site. Lots of folks go to him parts- great guy to deal with. MADENTERPRISE < is a link to his site

Bucks03HD

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mine wallows or leans in the curves ( much more than my Shelby - which stays flat in the curves ) - I got the bilstien Lightning set but forgot to tell him that my truck was lowered 2" in the rear when I ordered the shocks; now have shock extenders that look something like my lowering kit ..... will follow directions and find out.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast