Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Front and Rear Shocks - which ones / where

"I WANNA GO FAST"
    Name: Ajay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J.shickert View Post
    Mine wallows or leans in the curves ( much more than my Shelby - which stays flat in the curves ) - I got the bilstien Lightning set but forgot to tell him that my truck was lowered 2" in the rear when I ordered the shocks; now have shock extenders that look something like my lowering kit ..... will follow directions and find out.....
    Running flat though curves would be contributed to sway bars more so than shock absorbers, I would recommend hotchkis sway bars, front and rear, it makes a HUGE difference

2002 DSG Nicknamed "Haley the Harley Truck"
    2013 TOTM Moderator

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayBrown View Post
    Running flat though curves would be contributed to sway bars more so than shock absorbers, I would recommend hotchkis sway bars, front and rear, it makes a HUGE difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Sport90 View Post
    5100 are for lifted trucks. go 4600. Not sure what "wallowed" means, but if it's reaction to curves might also consider a hotchkiss sport suspension. Tightens it up like a sports car
    Hotckiss changes the ride, keeps it tight in the turns. One of the etter investments

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayBrown View Post
    +1, the biggest restriction to cornering in my truck right now is the fact that I'm 6'5" and 200lbs...aka skinny...and slide around all over the seat since they seem to be designed around shorter, rounder body types ;)

But really, with the hotchkis tvs kit sway bars the truck really corners flat, much flatter than a stock mustang gt.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    been looking at the strange adjustable shocks myself...I have on the l spec billy's but I feel that I the are a little stiff but does corner better...thus why I want adjustables

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    okay so I put on the strange adjustable shocks on the rear....and love them! It no longer feels like a bucking Bronco when I hit a bump.. I have adjusted them all they way soft....half way up feels like bilsteins...Two things to point out....these are oil shocks not gas shocks ....and it appears that it dropped the rear about 1/2 inch which makes the truck look more leveled.... thinking about adding some fronts....anyone use strange adjustable on front?. Anything other than bulletins? Really did not like the for a Dailey driver.

Word

if installing different shocks lowered your truck, you bought the wrong shocks for your truck

7. The Following 2 Users LIked Blind For This Useful Post:

Shady Al (10-28-2014), SoCal Waite (10-28-2014)

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Its probably 1/2" lower, because you have it on the lowest setting.

And I dont think there is a Strange shock that works for the fronts on our trucks. Hell, the rears are for a Mustang.

Word

if the shock is limiting the ride height of the truck in anyway, that means it is maxed out and sitting on the travel limiter - which means the rear tires are going to hop around over bumps because there's no droop in the suspension anymore.

You can test for droop by jacking the rear of the truck up by the rear end housing (suspension supporting weight of truck then), and then placing jackstands under the frame of the truck so they take the weight of the truck off the suspension, then removing the jack from the rear end housing. If the rear end housing doesn't drop down a good amount, the shocks are wrong and the handling of the truck is going to suffer!

Name: Chris

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Is Mike with Mad Enterprise still around? Noticed the old website (madenterprise.com) gives a linky no worky page now.
    Triton
    2003 Harley Davidson Edition Ford F-150

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sorry Mike passed on... I really hate saying this too.

Name: Chris

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ahh - thanks - sure sorry to hear that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2