Thread: Harley F150 Owners Kit Question

07Night
    Name: Thomas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Harley F150 Owners Kit Question

Hello,
    Wanted to reach out to the community for a question I am sure you all know. I purchased a 2010 Harley F150 from a used dealer. They only gave me on Key, looks standard no HD markings and a remote that did not look right. Looks like it was from an explorer. Also No Door Code.
    This leads me to believe this might have been a Repoed truck as all the data in the nav with phone numbers from the previous owner were still in there.

Did the HD F150s come with a special owners plaque or kit? I want to try and find one. Also Ford wants to charge me 150 for a new set of programmed keys. Does that sound about right? Or is there anywhere else I can get real HD keys programmed for my truck.

Thanks everyone for the help. You have a great community here and I am glad to be a member of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome aboard. I would check ebay for Kits and the keys. You will need to get them programmed for your truck at the dealer, just call around and get some prices.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    I purchased extra keys and remotes for my truck from ebay, only the keys for my 2002 have HD logo's on them, the remotes look like normal ford explorer/taurus/ranger remotes.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    I think you can program any extra remotes that you buy yourself by following a sequence of ignition key turns and pressing buttons.

I also think I remember that you can program new keys but only if you have 2 original keys.

Search on here for programming remotes and you should find it.

Anyone else recall this too?

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    I think you can program any extra remotes that you buy yourself by following a sequence of ignition key turns and pressing buttons.

I also think I remember that you can program new keys but only if you have 2 original keys.

Search on here for programming remotes and you should find it.

Anyone else recall this too?
    it depends on the year of the truck, it's very easy in the gen1's to program a remote yourself, just get in truck off doors shut and cycle the key from off to run 8 times very fast and then hit the lock button of each remote you want tied to the truck.

Keys are harder, and yes requires 2 keys that are already registered in the truck's system to add new ones, so you will need to have the dealer add at least 1 key for you.

07Night

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Everyone, I found a new set off ebay and will bring them over to Ford on Monday. Cheers.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    WELCOME to NHTOC!

Let's see some more pics of your truck!

... ...

07Night

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

More Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    WELCOME to NHTOC!

Let's see some more pics of your truck!

... ...
    Hi Merlin,
    Here is some pics. I need to figure out how to add these pics to my profile. Going to try today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 07Night View Post
    Hi Merlin,
    Here is some pics. I need to figure out how to add these pics to my profile. Going to try today.
    Sweet Rides! Very Nice Toys!