Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how much hp will i gain?

Name: Alex

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

how much hp will i gain?

i have a 2002 harley with 150k stock except for CAI , but the supercharger is starting to make noise at idle so i bought a ported lightning supercharger and 2.93 pulley and ported TB a 4 pound lower C/L PLENUM and a tune, it should make 12-13 psi im only seing 6.5 , 7 on a cold day now so there should be an noticeable difference right ?
    and can i install them my self

sorry for my bad grammer

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    6.5-7 lbs of boost is about right for a stock HD with only a CAI. You're also right on at probably being at 12-13 lbs of boost once you get those new mods on.

It will be a nce performance difference if you also get a good tune.

You should be able to install all of this in your driveway or garage with simple hand tools except for maybe the 2.93 pulley.
    If it's not on already its best to get that pressed on to the Lightning SC before installing everything. You'll need a special pulley tool if not.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    should i clean the intercooler and change spark plugs , because i have to remove the supercharger anyway

would a oil sep be a good idea

would i be able to keep up with a stock lightning or trailblazer ss

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Pulley, Plugs and Tune (PP&T) is a good place to start for a wake up.
    There are a couple of choices for our trucks with hand held tuners.
    Most folks here use the NGKTR6 (colder plug) with a lower pulley.
    L&S Oil Separator is a good choice for a maintenance free oil sep.
    It is a good time to change plugs while you are cleaning the I/C.
    I'd suggest going with MAD Coil Pack Screws while you are at it.
    If you want to kick up a notch get the Factory Tech Valve Body.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002HARLEY1051 View Post
    should i clean the intercooler and change spark plugs , because i have to remove the supercharger anyway

would a oil sep be a good idea

would i be able to keep up with a stock lightning or trailblazer ss
    stock lightning after the mods sure, a stock trailblazer ss you don't need any mods to keep up with, those things are slow LOL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wish i heard of this page a long time ago,
    my original budget was a 1000 dollars well im already over 1300 so why not more
    any other parts i should put on ? (no internals)
    the only problem with the vlave body is that im not sure on the condition of the tranny ,
    the only problem is that it takes a long time to shift from nuetral into drive and the same into reverse ( 3-4 seconds ) does any body know what the problem might be.

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts

1 more MOD

assuming no tranny issues adding an FTVB would be a nice additional MOD. see Mike at MADENTERPRISE

^^ +1

If you add the valve body you'll be doing a filter change and that may correct your sluggish neutral/drive/reverse shifts as the fluid might get to its destination faster if you had a clogged filter.

All in all, the valve body does not add any wear to your transmission but actually allows it to do the 2-3-4 shifts faster thus reducing the slippage on the clutches from wearing so fast.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So I just got the lightning supercharger yesterday and I think there is a problem with it when I spin the pulley side to side it makes a knocking noise it's minor, I think it's the coupler but I'm not sure , what else could it be ?

Name: Sam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rear blind bearings?

Name: Adrian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So I tried to remove the stock lower and the bolt got messed up with the 14 mm Allen wrench so now it just turns over I fabbed up a piece of metal by the dust cover and torque converter to keep the crank from turning over and a huge breaker bar and cheater bar and the bolt didn't handle it , so am I stuck with the stock lower for ever ?

I think they sell some of those special tools that can get a grip on rounded off nuts. If not, try a good shop that has plenty of tools to work with. Maybe even try a heat wrench. (Torch!?)

Name: Adrian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Okay so I got the stock lower off at the dealer for 300 bucks removed the messed up sc and installed lightning sc and now there is a weird noise coming from the supercharger , could it be the porting ? The filled silencer holes? Or is it bad ? And now I got what sounds like terrible detonation I didn't use the ngtr6 because I'm from Mexico and I couldn't get them so they installed some motorcraft at the dealer but could I get detonation after just 20 miles ? From new plugs ? I'm really getting tired of this truck first the head gasket then the supercharger? now this ? I haven't even put 1000 miles on the truck and just problem after problem
    Another theory could the supercharger thrown debris into the engine and damaged it ? Idk the supercharger had a little movement but my old one is way worse il post a link later for a video from the detonation

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian.froese View Post
    could I get detonation after just 20 miles ? From new plugs ? I'm really getting tired of this truck first the head gasket then the supercharger? now this ? I haven't even put 1000 miles on the truck and just problem after problem
    Another theory could the supercharger thrown debris into the engine and damaged it ? Idk the supercharger had a little movement but my old one is way worse il post a link later for a video from the detonation
    Well, the age of the plugs really means zero, if you have the wrong heat rated plug or a bad tune a motor can detonate. There are plugs with the correct heat rating, and if you do a little searching here I'm sure there is a chart or list with all the plug manufactures and part numbers. I will see if I can find it, and post it.

It sounds like you got a truck that the last owner didn't take care of, more than a truck that was manufactured with defects. You could really save a ton of money by doing the work yourself, and there are enough guys here with experience to help you through almost anything if you are clear in your questions.

As far as the sc throwing debris into the engine, simply yes, that can happen. If you run the engine with out an air filter, absolutely. But that can happen with a naturally aspirated engine too, the sc really doesn't make any effect on that. That said, if you don't have any type of oil separator then you are getting excess oil into the intake track. While you had the sc off, did you look at or clean the ic? That could be another large part of the equation here.

Look, you have a specialty vehicle that needs some special care. And I bet if you get a good tune, clean ic and the correct plugs with that new sc and pulleys it will be a lot of fun!! Get that oil sep in there too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast