Thread: New member near San Diego

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts

New member near San Diego

Hey guys and gals, kinda new here. Been reading a ton, made a few posts....just trying to help where I can. And thank you for all the knowledge I have gained so far, and the future knowledge I have yet to absorb.

Here's my passion...I have wanted one of these HD's since the '02 model was released. But it wasn't until My 17 year old son wrecked my '00 Mustang GT for me last August, I finally had my excuse to cross this desire off my list.

I do online advertizing for car dealerships, and happened to find this gem at one of my dealerships in San Jose. Hopped the first flight up there and drove her home.

First on the list was to bring the rear end down, so day 3 she got the belltech shackles (though she's still not low enough back there), and since then its just been a fix this clean that sort of relationship. I cleaned the IC and changed the plugs, and let me tell you what a difference!! Got a Superchips Flashpaq for my birthday, so I loaded the max HP tune into her....she is really comming to life. Can't wait for the pully, intake Volant CAI and the real tune.

2013-02-02_14-42-03_943.jpg
    2013-03-10_17-50-22_776[1].jpg

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Welcome to NHTOC!

Nice choice and nice mod list you started on.

Better hide those credit cards before it really gets out of hand and the mod bug clamps down on you......or start a collection fund from your son!

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Welcome! Nice truck.

Im gonna go ahead and say that I would not reccomend running that superchips with a upgraded pulley. Go ahead and get a custom tune.

Vader's Chauffer

Quote Originally Posted by SR81 View Post
    Welcome! Nice truck.

Im gonna go ahead and say that I would not reccomend running that superchips with a upgraded pulley. Go ahead and get a custom tune.
    Oh yes sir that is a given, the super was a gift to get it started, but no pullies will go on w/out a real tuner and dyno time scheduled!

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    WELCOME to NHTOC!

Let's see some more pics of your truck!

... ...

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Welcome to the NHTOC...

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Welcome aboard

Vader's Chauffer

Thanks guys, glad I found the site, there is much to be learned here thats for sure!! Heres another pic of my girl...don't have to many yet, she needs paint, and to be lower, and a stereo and faster and.....anyways, you get the point. I have some shots of my dirty a$$ SC and IC, wanna see those?

From the back
    IMG_20130520_111354-1.jpg
    Obviously before
    2013-03-03_12-25-39_783.jpg
    2013-03-03_12-24-51_177.jpg
    and the ruined towel
    2013-03-03_13-22-07_973.jpg
    And after...I wanted to fill the silencer holes, but I don't think that JB weld is the way I want it done. Might port it later, will fill them in then.
    2013-03-03_14-33-29_315.jpg
    2013-03-03_14-32-44_315.jpg

Also put the new plugs in while it was apart. Though I think they had been done by the previous owner, as the coil pack retainer bolt on the No 1 cyl had been broken off; fortunately they didn't break it off flush with the intake. There s not much room to get in there with pliers, and no one really makes a 'easy out' that small...but I found that a 4 mm socket and a couple taps from a hammer seated the socket enough to extract the bolt. That damn thing was $6 at the dealer. The size and thread count is what kept me from obtaining them from Home Depot or Lowe's, even the local parts store doesn't carry them!

I did put the Home depot oil Separator in there. Have had to fix it a few times, the valve on the bottom was allowing air in, because at idle it is under vacuum, which then blew into the collected oil, and in turn pushed the oil right back into the system I am trying to remove it from. So any of you that have this mod but aren't collecting much if any oil, check that. Start the motor and put your finger over the hole on the bottom of the valve, if your finger sticks to it, there is your issue. While I had it open, I added some copper wool inside the brass filter element, and now I have to empty it at least every time I fill it up. About 3-5 ounces a week.

Here is a guy I've seen around town a few times....to each his own I guess. I'm not really a big fan, but at least he keeps it clean! Can't tell if its a real HD or not, hes got the headlights and all the badges, but the nerf bars and fender flares are MIA. Will have to look inside the next time I see him stopped.

IMG_20130429_165626_998.jpg

Vader's Chauffer

I forgot to mention that I also did the brakes. Got the EBC green stuff, and had the rotors turned, I'm not sure they were the stock rotors though. The first 6 months were great, thing stopped like a Porsche, but now the rotors are warped already after <7,000 miles. And its not like I'm towing anything (yet). Any recommendations on good but reasonably priced rotors? I will need all 4. I like the idea of the EBC rotors, but have a really hard time parting with >$600 for all 4 rotors.

Sorry ahead of time for posting all this here. Just figured while I've got your attention....

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Waite View Post
    I forgot to mention that I also did the brakes. Got the EBC green stuff, and had the rotors turned, I'm not sure they were the stock rotors though. The first 6 months were great, thing stopped like a Porsche, but now the rotors are warped already after <7,000 miles. And its not like I'm towing anything (yet). Any recommendations on good but reasonably priced rotors? I will need all 4. I like the idea of the EBC rotors, but have a really hard time parting with >$600 for all 4 rotors.

Sorry ahead of time for posting all this here. Just figured while I've got your attention....
    I used rotorpro's blank faced zinc washed rotors with hawk ceramic pads on my truck and they have performed great for a couple of years. Extremely slow drop-shipped shipping but the parts are good, the zinc washed rotor hats and ends still look brand new with no signs of rusting to brown like the old rotors did.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK