Thread: What is this bracket?

Name: Dave

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is this bracket?

Thank you for allowing me to register and use this resource. I have completed an engine repair/overhaul of an 07 Saleen HD for a good friend. I'm a GM guy, and have done literally hundreds of engine R&R and overhauls. This Ford was by far and away the "fussiest" vehicle I've encountered. I have been involved with GMC Typhoons and Syclones (currently own 4) for 15 years. I thought they were difficult. Not like this thing.

Anyway, its back together and running. Nothing got broken, lost or damaged, and nothing leaks. Under the hood and truck looks like its never been touched, which is the way I like my projects to come out. I have this one bracket left over. I cannot figure out where it goes. I believe it holds a metal line. The 6mm bolt secures it. It could be either under the hood, or under the truck, but I suspect its from under the hood as it wasn't grimy like the stuff from under the truck was. I can't figure it out. Anyone know? Thanks so much in advance. DaveP

Name: Dave

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This bracket goes on the rear of the LH head. It holds the Evap metal line. I asked one of the techs at the dealership when I took it in for cats under the 80,000 mile 8 year warranty. He knew what it was. There was no way to reach up there and reinstall it however. So I threw it in the trash.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Glad you finally got it figured out! Sorry nobody here could help. Great resource we are

Name: T

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    80,000 mile 8 yr cat warranty ?
    is that an extra thing or a standard think, i didnt hear about that one?
    fill me in