Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for input and opinions on exhaust....

Just Another Ford Lover
    Name: Jay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking for input and opinions on exhaust....

So I know that the 2011-2012 6.2L HDs come with a factory "performance tuned exhaust"... The first question I have is whether or not there is any difference between these exhaust systems and a factory exhaust system of the 6.2L Raptor. The reason I ask is because there are SO MANY more Raptor aftermarket exhaust sound clips online but very few HD clips. So I guess if I knew the HD and Raptor exhausts ARE the same, I would be able to have a better idea of the clips I've heard versus what will actually be going on my truck in the near future. Any knowledge/input/opinions are definitely appreciated... Thanks!

Name: Patrick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Different motors , different sound. Just put a borla on my and she sounds mean!!!

Name: Matt

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    borla on the new trucks sounds great. if you want straight mean and loud. get the cattless Stainless Works exhaust. those things scream

Just Another Ford Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, I've heard a few clips from different manufacturers on the web. I was just hoping to hear some personal experiences from some 6.2 guys. All ya'lls input is appreciated though! Trying to stay away from bad interior drone. I love the Sync handsfree.... But definitely want to liven up the tone and open up a little flow. I don't know if it's just going to be a muffler swap for now or a whole exhaust. Decisions, decisions....

Just Another Ford Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And I may be mistaken, but aren't the Raptor 6.2 and the HD 6.2 the same motor? They make the same power numbers at the same rpms anyways.....
    2012 F-150 Harley Davidson #3566 4x2
    White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic, K&N CAI w/ filter sock, SCT SF3 w/ custom tunes, Alpine audio processor, LockPick SYNC, JL Audio HD 900/5, JL Audio C5 6 1/2" coaxials in front, JL Audio C5 components front & rear, 2 JL Audio 13 1/2" TW5 subs in custom box, Weather Tech Digital mats front & rear

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White2012 View Post
    And I may be mistaken, but aren't the Raptor 6.2 and the HD 6.2 the same motor? They make the same power numbers at the same rpms anyways.....
    i would say same

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White2012 View Post
    probably same motor, the thing to check into would be the routing of the exhaust. On the older trucks the HD and lightning received unique dual exhuast from the exhaust manifolds back, while the normal f150's had Y pipes to single exhaust after the manifolds.

The raptor and HD I would assume would have the same exhaust routing, but that would be one place where they may differ which would have an effect on how a particular brand/model of muffler would sound.

Just Another Ford Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Kevin! I was having a very similar thought to that last night. Guess I just need to find a way to see a factory Raptor exhaust setup.... Hmmmmmm....

Just Another Ford Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I ended up talking to a guy on another forum that works at a Ford dealership. I asked the same questions on said forum and this guy was bored and at the dealership so he went and looked. An hour later I had my answer. The mufflers on 6.2L HD trucks and 6.2L Raptors have the identical part number... So yeah, same muffler, same motor, same routing, same sound. Just in case anyone else had ever wondered... LOL! At least now I can listen to Raptor aftermarket exhaust clips knowing the factory exhaust systems are the same. There just aren't many 6.2 HD clips out there... Mostly Raptors...

Name: Brian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey White2012, Here is what I did, and the 6.2 HDs are the same as the Raptor....lucky me this place in the video is 15 min from my house...

2013 Raptor 6.2 liter F-150 Flowmaster Custom True Dual by Kinney's - YouTube

BTW, love the White truck...just got one myself :-)

Just Another Ford Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Right on man! And I appreciate the compliment too. I also had a guy another forum that works at a Ford dealership confirm it by actually going and looking at the part numbers and they were the same mufflers for sure. Is yours 2 wheel drive or 4? And congrats on your purchase!

Name: David

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    White2012, Thanks for providing the above information... I just got mine yesterday, I'm not looking to mod anytime soon but it's all good information for when I do... Please keep us updated!

Just Another Ford Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Heck yeah man. I'll be of help in any way possible. Nice to see another new gen guy on here... There's not a whole lot of 2011-2012's around here. lol

Name: Charlie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    White 2012...where are you partner?

Just Another Ford Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh I’m still around. LOL! How’s it goin brother? You live pretty close. I’m here in Milton/Pensacola.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast