Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hotchkis Leaf Springs

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts

Hotchkis Leaf Springs

I already have the Belltech shackles in and like everyone else I want more.

I called Hotchkis and they don't make the front or the rear springs for the HD any more, but they still do for the L, though they say they run different springs for the supercrews, and I shouldn't even think about the L leafs for the HD.

So I got the part numbers for both HD front and rear TVS springs and spent some time with my buddy Google. I found 1 store online that says that they have them in stock for $390. Problem is the site just seems shady...no phone number, and an email address that's inactive (I emailed it and it failed).

Auto Parts Online for Cars and Trucks - FastTrackAutoParts.com! What do you think?

So, is anyone willing to share their secret with me as to where I can get a set of these TVS leaf springs for the HD, I don't want the brain-damage from the hangers, and as far as I can tell Belltech doesn't sell the leafs anymore either.

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    i want them also. email hotckis back and see if we get 10 will they do a run.

Vader's Chauffer

I will call them tomorrow and ask.

Did some dipping this weekend, now needs to go lower!!

IMG_5873.jpg
    IMG_5881.jpg
    IMG_5883.jpg
    IMG_5886.jpg

Vader's Chauffer

So I just hung up with Hotchkis sales. The good news is that we can get a run of Hotchkis leafs done for our trucks, the bad news is we have to get 50 peeps to order, and they will be $800-$900 a set.

So, I got the specs on the springs they used to make, and he also gave me a custom spring makers website where they send their customers if they don't make the spring themselves.

Deaver Suspension in Santa Ana, CA will make the Hotchkis spec leaf packs for $550, and deliver in 4-5 weeks. Their website is: Deaver Suspension

I'll be placing my order here in a few weeks, hope you guys do too! Let me know if this was helpful for any of you guys.

Name:

Good luck with 50 people and the price. Ill just remove a leaf with those answers.

2nd option way more doable.

Vader's Chauffer

Quote Originally Posted by BlairTruck View Post
    2nd option way more doable.
    Thats the one I am gonna run with...$550 a little steep, but seeing as that is really the only option left for our year trucks, what choice do I have?

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Waite View Post
    Thats the one I am gonna run with...$550 a little steep, but seeing as that is really the only option left for our year trucks, what choice do I have?
    shackles can give a 4" drop. Or pull a leaf and throw in some air bags if you ever need the extra load carrying you lost.

Vader's Chauffer

I have the Beltech 2" (yeah right) shackles already, are the JLP's still available?

Sorry, I just answered my own question, $125 on the JLP website.

Name:

And the jlp's aren't even 3" when actually installed.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    really? I have mine in the middle hole (3" they say) and my 305/40r22 will still rub the fender lips when I have a load in the bed.

Name:

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    really? I have mine in the middle hole (3" they say) and my 305/40r22 will still rub the fender lips when I have a load in the bed.
    that's cause you have giant 4x4 tires on there. from what i remember reading the JLPs max is only like 2.75" cause the shackel is not straight up and down | but at a angle \ which makes the numbers different. same reason a 2" shackle never gives 2" ,more like 1.5"

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Not to mention, your only lifting the rear of the spring pack. Put a pencil flat on the table. Lift one side. Is the center as high as the side?

Deaver is a good company. Big name in the off-road world.

BaloghBodyworx
    Name: Joe

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    I will call them tomorrow and ask.

Did some dipping this weekend, now needs to go lower!!

IMG_5883.jpg
    The tails are dipped? how many layers of smoke & glossifier are on there?

I think it all looks really good, by the way.

Vader's Chauffer

Quote Originally Posted by joeyb203 View Post
    The tails are dipped? how many layers of smoke & glossifier are on there?
    No, actually the tails are VHT Night Shades. I did them about a year ago, 3 really really really light coats, just to take the sharpness of the red away, and they orange peeled like crazy. I had wet sanded and cleared them at that time. But when I dipped the rest, the red had to go . So they are now only 2 heavy coats of the same paint on the tails, and 3 on the third, and no clear this time. The stuff looks good, but have to go heavy on the coats, its rather scary when you're doing it .

Though I am thinking about doing the glossifier on the wheels nerfs and grille, but I have to order it, my local home cheapo doesn't stock it, so for now we roll matte...

Quote Originally Posted by joeyb203 View Post
    I think it all looks really good, by the way.
    Thank you, its definitely different now. But as with most of its a work in progress!! And lots left to do...

BaloghBodyworx
    Name: Joe

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    No, actually the tails are VHT Night Shades. I did them about a year ago, 3 really really really light coats, just to take the sharpness of the red away, and they orange peeled like crazy. I had wet sanded and cleared them at that time. But when I dipped the rest, the red had to go . So they are now only 2 heavy coats of the same paint on the tails, and 3 on the third, and no clear this time. The stuff looks good, but have to go heavy on the coats, its rather scary when you're doing it .

Though I am thinking about doing the glossifier on the wheels nerfs and grille, but I have to order it, my local home cheapo doesn't stock it, so for now we roll matte...

Thank you, its definitely different now. But as with most of its a work in progress!! And lots left to do...

Oh I see. Yea i did plastdip smoke on my tails with glossifier, but it doesnt quite look like glass which i want. I also did my nerf bars with the matte black and my mesh grille. I have satin black Lightning rims tho. I love the all black look tho.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast