Thread: New Brakes!!

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts

New Brakes!!

So I got my new RotoPros brakes and StopTech semi-metallic pads today. I ordered them on the 1st, so it took a little while, but there was a holiday in there so I am not too disappointed.

I got the premium Rotors, and Rich said that they are the same base rotors as the EBC premiums are, they come from the same manufacture. Here is the cool part, where the EBC's are over $600 for all 4, I got my rotors with pads for $450!! I ordered slotted and dimpled with the hats in Black.

He said that if you guys mention that you are on this forum to him he will cut you the same deal.

Here is his email: rotorpros.net1@yahoo.com send him an email with your phone number, and he'll call you back.

I can't wait to put these new brakes on, and get rid of the old $hit I have on there now. Right after I got my HD, I ordered some EBC green stuff pads from autoanything, but kept the original rotors, I just had them turned; let me tell you BIG MISTAKE!! The stopping power was fantastic (as good as my wife's Mazda6) for the first 6,000 or so miles...then the rotors started to warp. If you're going to do your brakes, do yourself a favor and REPLACE YOUR ROTORS!!

Now I have to get some paint, gonna paint my calipers Harley Orange, I think it will turn out pretty cool, sitting behind Black wheels. Unfortunately I have to wait at least a month to put them on, cause I wrecked my mtn bike on Tuesday and destroyed my collar bone. Have to get surgery now, and recover from that Unless someone wants to drop by and do the work for me!! I pay in Beer!!

Anyways, here is what the Dr. gets to plate together for me: (the arrows should be pointing at each other)

Collar Bone X-ray.jpg

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Welcome to the club, I got a railroad track last march from my downhill mtb crash (cased a jump, damn gap).

I hate the plate, hope to get it removed at the end I this year
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    i go for back surgery in 6 days.

Vader's Chauffer

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    Holy crap, looks almost the same as mine, just the right instead of the left!!

I hate the plate, hope to get it removed at the end I this year
    Why you hate it? Can you feel it or something? Something I should be mindful of?

Word

Yep, seatbelts, backpacks, etc are super annoying. My camelback thankfully is fine but my hiking pack sucks to wear.

It's too close to the skin, on me you can see and feel the whole plate and screws. If I'm out at the pool or beach on a hot day it hurts like hell if I'm in sun with my shirt off - it feels like the plate expands in the heat.

Ymmv of course but I can't wait to get rid of it, just waiting until after the triathlon I'm doing in November as they said it will be another month of doing nothing when it's removed.

I tore my rotator cuff at the same time so my recovery took 7 months of PT twice a week, fun stuff I hope yours goes faster!

Name: Matt

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    how much better do these work over stock brakes? is it worth it, or should i save a lil longer and buy a wilwood kit

Word

Try are stock brakes, no comparison to a big brake kit.

Vader's Chauffer

Try are stock brakes, no comparison to a big brake kit.
    Well, they are stock sized brakes, but far outperform the stock brakes....that said, Blind is right there really is no comparison to a Wilwood or Brembo big brake kit. Like the kind of night and day difference between drum and disc brakes, big brake kits are that much better.

Name: Mat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another way to improve braking on these tanks is upgrading to hydraboost. The vacuum booster sucks in comparison. Significantly improves caliper clamping force.

I am running SSBC big brakes, stainless lines and hydraboost and no worries about stopping any more.
    Tooned by Me, Cogged Kenne Bell 2.3, 4-Link on Coilovers, Pan Hard Bar, Hitman Intake W/Slot MAF and Big O, JLP Plenum, 97 Rails, Jabsco Pump and KC, Dual Aeroforce W/Analogic, LFP Valve Body, Hellwig Sways, LT's W/Bassani CB, X-Brace, Hydroboost with SSBC Brakes

Vader's Chauffer

So I finally installed the fronts on sunday (was waiting on other parts to show up so I could do all the work at once), and bedded the pads today, and all I can say is WOW. Night and Day. I thought the EBC pads were good on the stock rotors, these StopTechs are as good if not better on good Rotors then the EBC's ever were on stockies. Good buy, for half the price and the same performance, I definitely recommend RotoPros!! I'll be calling them for the brakes on the wife's Mazda 6

Fast with Class
    Name: Tony

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Man feel your pain.

going down the stairs my rt knee went out and I fell down a few steps. Landed on lt ankle and then rolled on to the foot. Heard and felt a snap & pop.

the tendon tore off the foot with the bone and shredded .

stopped all truck work, stopped my man cave work also.

tony