Thread: New Member in Phoenix

Name: Nick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New Member in Phoenix

My name is Nick, I purchased my 2007 HD w/ the Saleen package a few months back and have been loving it! However, I'm looking to get a bit more performance and have been reading the posts on this site for a few weeks now trying to figure out what route to go (obviously many different opinions!) So I'm open for any additional suggestions. Here's what I'm looking into at the moment:
    - Troyer stage 1 performance package
    - Exhaust and long tube headers (any recommendations?)

These are what I'm looking at now, longer term I'll probably lower it (thinking 2/4") and doing 3.73 gears.
    IMG_20130628_121746_402 (1).jpgIMG_20130627_200037_183.jpg
    Thanks!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Welcome to NHTOC!

Nice looking ride. Good luck with the mod list.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

Thumbs up

WELCOME to NHTOC!

Let's more pics of your truck.

... ...

Tell us more about you and the truck!

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Welcome to the NHTOC.

As for exhaust...not sure for your truck but I have always like Dynatech for headers & a magna-flow or bassani cat back.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been waiting for the right HD truck to get my hands on for a few months, this had 38000 miles on it on a 2007, so pretty happy about that, perfect shape. I've been looking forward to fixing something up, so just doing my research now on what will give me the most bang for my buck, without negatively affecting this as a daily driver.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    I've heard of the Troyer Performance packages for those year trucks and from what I recall the guys were pretty pleased with it over the stock behaviour.

As always, I would check with the local tuner shops in your area and pick one that you trust and find out what other trucks like yours have gone with and what was reliable and performed up to the sales pitch.

+1 on the DynaTech headers but check to see if they make them for your year truck and engine.

If you are on the highway a lot you may want to re-think your 3.73 rear-end gears but they will give you great stoplight to stoplight results!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I definitely appreciate the feedback. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Welcome to the site.