Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Auto photo resizing.....way too small

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Question Auto photo resizing.....way too small

What's the deal with the auto resizing of photos on here? It makes them uber small. Nobody has 56k anymore, even on my smart phone they're tiny. I can click on them but then every one opens in a new window. Would be nice if they at least showed up the width of the screen rather than only twice as big as an avatar.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    As far as the pictures...they are resized "on the fly" via NHTOC forum to reduce bandwidth.
    If you click on a picture "let's say a Photobucket link" to a .jpg file it should display full size.
    At this point, the full size picture is being delivered from Photobucket's bandwidth.
    Think of the pics as a big thumbnail on NHTOC. Full size pics delivered from Photobucket.
    IMHO I'd like to see them at least a "little bit bigger" 640x480 would be nice but that's me.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yeah I kind of figured that was the reason, but this is 2013, even in 2003 pictures were bigger on this forum and there was more activity then too! I know I can click on the pic but then every one opens in a new window which is annoying when there's 10, 20, 30+ pics in a thread to view. It's trivial but it does discourage me from wanting to even go to the effort to post pics when they're shrunk down so far automatically.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    +1

Even my mom has broadband, and she's over 60!

Such a waste to view the threads on my dual 24" monitor setup at work or home...the default pic size here is smaller than a postcard for me.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Hey Admin, you guys still around? Any way we can make this improvement on NHTOC?

Also I noticed the PM box doesn't show the %full like they used to. Didn't know mine was full till I went to send one and it wouldn't let me. It's useful seeing the % full as a reminder to clear space out.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    Hey Admin, you guys still around? Any way we can make this improvement on NHTOC?

Also I noticed the PM box doesn't show the %full like they used to. Didn't know mine was full till I went to send one and it wouldn't let me. It's useful seeing the % full as a reminder to clear space out.
    The messages gauge is on the bottom of the page Josh, it is actually the whole width of the page.

I do agree 100% with you, this new format isn't friendly at all.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ah just scrolled all the way down in my PM box to see that. I never scroll all the way down lol. I read the top for any new messages and that's it. That should be at the top of the page, or like other sites on every single page just under the top right area of the page giving you your % full.

Thanks Hoff!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    HEY SITE ADMIN!?!?!? Do you even care enough about this website anymore to even look at this post? At least give a response?!

Can we get the auto-resize of the attached or img linked photos updated so they're bigger than friggin thumbnails? It's 2013! I could post bigger pictures on f150online and FTW THIRTEEN years ago than I can post on NHTOC now! I never feel like updating or posting pics on this site because they end up so damn tiny!

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    they no care

Name: Keith

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Yea, and I wish he'd fix the frigging post reply to thread box at the bottom of the page, mine is fubared, I have to click reply to post something.

Server Admin - Owner
    Name: Doug

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
    Harley#356:
    there are 3 or 4 different ways to display images on the site and depending on the way that you choose to do it the images will show up differently.

Thirteen years ago I was the moderator of F150Online and the images there were resized as well. Currently attachments are completely disabled there, and have been for years. The current limit on F150 in the galleries is 800 px. They also limit you to a total of 250 images. Every site has limits. The limits here are relatively generous.

If you upload to the gallery here the limit is 1024 pixels
    if you attach the images to the post directly they are reduced to 640
    The reason is that storing and backing up huge images isnt free. Its not possible or reasonable to provide free unlimited image storage. And MANY people look at the site from mobile devices and devices with Internet caps.

I dont read this site everyday. Thankfully a moderator pointed this thread out to me.
    Let me know if there is something else.
    Last edited by silver_2000; 11-20-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Server Admin - Owner

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
    Merlin
    Are you saying that the software is resizing photobucket images ? Can you post a link to an example ?

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

Server Admin - Owner

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    thats apparently a setting in VB4 that was implemented to limit signature images

Ill change it to make the images bigger
    but not remove it all together
    there are still a large number of viewers that use 1024x768 monitors ... we dont need people linking or embedding 4000 pixel images
    it doenst in this case iompact my disk space or bandwidth - just the look and useability of the site

make a recommendation of what you would like it changed to and Ill look into it
    for now Ive raised it some to 800

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_2000 View Post
    thats apparently a setting in VB4 that was implemented to limit signature images

Ill change it to make the images bigger
    but not remove it all together
    there are still a large number of viewers that use 1024x768 monitors ... we dont need people linking or embedding 4000 pixel images
    it doenst in this case iompact my disk space or bandwidth - just the look and useability of the site

make a recommendation of what you would like it changed to and Ill look into it
    for now Ive raised it some to 800
    AWESOME!!!! Looks like a completely new site!! Thank you!!

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast