Thread: Different Part numbers for IC pump

Name: Ruben Ramos

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Different Part numbers for IC pump

I just stumbled into this from another forum and I thought it might be useful hope is not a repeat info if it is im sorry lol ,

"I have done some research regarding the CM 30 vs. Bosch and found that the Bosch has changed the part numbers accordingly.
    First they had the 0 392 022 002, working on some of our cars but you will see that this pump has a smaller inlet and outlet port measuring 19mm in diameter. There is a lot of treads replacing this cheaper version with the 0 392 022 003 and then change the impeller housing from the old to the new increasing the port size to 22mm in diameter.
    The 0 392 022 003 was produced at about the same time as the 002 but due to the flow rate at different pressure and port diameter the part numbers were different. The 003 is more commonly used in our cars and is the result of the damage caused to the Bosch pumps reliability image.
    They have manufactured the 0 392 022 010 to replace the 003. You will find that the 010 has an even better flow rate under pressure and should be the latest Bosch available for our cars and the one available from your MB dealer at a very high price.
    Log on to Google using "Bosch 0 392 022 010" and this should link you to all the info that you require.
    Last edited by rubenramos; 09-12-2013 at 07:37 PM.