Thread: HD windshield causing issues.

Name: Tom

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HD windshield causing issues.

MY 2003 HD F150 is clearly leaking from the windshield I have not figured out if this is the cause to my electrical issues, but a few days ago I pulled the drivers side interior rocker panels off to trace wires back and the channel that runs front to back was filled with standing water. My electrical issues are an intermittent power sliding window, no pump to the windshield wipers, and no functionality to the outside rear view mirrors. I Have also noticed an intermittent issue with the drivers door control panel in lowering and raising windows. Is there a fix to the windshield that does not require me calling out a company that can not guarantee there work removing this window? It is the factory window and I don't want to stick in any old window because they all match and are numbered. All I have right now are these electrical issues to clear up before I can put this away and tackle more important things like adding power. HELP!!!!

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    The seal around the windshield may be leaking. Good auto glass companies have a tool to check without pulling the windshield.
    TMK The 03 H-D OEM windshield is not numbered but it IS VERY difficult to locate. in the event it does need replacing...
    A GOOD auto glass company can not only replace it with the H-D OEM glass but also transfer the Kansas City sticker.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Looks like SafeLite offer a life time warranty.

SafeliteŽ Warranty Explained - SafeliteŽ Auto Glass

As long as your windshield is not cracked they could re-use it.

I would think that it would b pretty easy for them to take out your windshield and cleanup and inspect the groove where it sits and then put the same windshield back in with new sealer. Just ask them or any others if they can guarantee that it won't leak again afterwards.

Also, if you have a sunroof you may want to check for leaks there too.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

dragginNCrds
    Name: Will

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    if you have a sunroof in the front 2 corners there is 2 plastic drain tubes that run down the A/Pillars these are notorious for cracking or filling up and causing water to run down the inside of the pillar into the floor.. if you open the sunroof you can see the drain holes in the front corners.. if you cant see them you might have to drop the headliner down to get to the hoses to make sure they are secured to the sun roof assembly.. I have seen them brake there before.. if the hoses are good for what you can see try to pour water down the hose and see what happens.. if it leaks into the floor you can fish new hoses down the pillar but that is not easy nor fun.. if they are connected and holding water you can use compressed air to blow the trash out of them.. find out what the deal is and report back..

~Will
    2002 DSG Harley on 22's ~ build#01450 SOLD
    NHTOC TOTM August 2012

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    it is possible to R&R the stock windshield. I had mine pulled for the 10 point cage install and they were able to safely reuse it. Doesn't always happen, but it is possible.

The GEM module is burried under the dash and can cause some funky issues when it gets wet, and it is under the windshield area. GEM = General Electronic Module

Name: Jake

Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
    Gem= pita

Email is fast..... Jake@3rdrowinnovations.com