Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: October Meet?

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

October Meet?

I think we need to get together and discuss the direction of our truck club. Things have been really slow here, Mike (BringIt) is MIA and there has been very few posts here in general.

When is everyone availalbe? I'm free any weekend after the 5th.

We still have a standing invitation at Nationals (our first get together) and I'm sure Eric would be gracious enough to host us at Knockers again.

Chime in!

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm available most weekends as well, just driving to SD is a little out of the way...

I've been itching to meet you guys though, and show off this custom box I'm building for the rear console... it's just big enough to fit (1) 10w6v2...

I'm confused as to why we don't have more member participation... I'm just speculating here, but I belive that there are more harley trucks in california than any other state... yet everytime I go down to Irwindale to race the NLOC is there in force, and NEVER any Harleys! I'd like to see some of our members down there occasionally, to represent... These lightning guys I see down there talk ALOT of smack about HD's.
    2002 HD #04525 // NHTOC #137
    Kenne Bell, 3.0" upper pulley, 2# lower pulley, KB boost a spark, Fluidyne heat exchanger, AF1, Accufab S/B T/B, FTVB & 4x4 pan, Factory Tech Transmission Cooler, LFP efan, Denso IT20's, belltech 2" drop shackles, Auto Logic chip, dyno tuned by Swanson Performance.

NUMBERS:
    040529: 440.83 HP - 529.43 TQ @ 17lbs.
    040309: 412.55 HP - 461.92 TQ @ 10lbs.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Originally posted by darkroller
    I'm available most weekends as well, just driving to SD is a little out of the way...

I've been itching to meet you guys though, and show off this custom box I'm building for the rear console... it's just big enough to fit (1) 10w6v2...

I'm confused as to why we don't have more member participation... I'm just speculating here, but I belive that there are more harley trucks in california than any other state... yet everytime I go down to Irwindale to race the NLOC is there in force, and NEVER any Harleys! I'd like to see some of our members down there occasionally, to represent... These lightning guys I see down there talk ALOT of smack about HD's.
    I'm not sure what happened to the participation. Things really seemed to have dropped off the last couple months. We had a first meet awhile ago and our elected president hasn't been heard from.

After that meet, we got this forum started and everything just
    sort of halted.

As far as meeting in SD, I had mentioned about meeting up with the SD guys but they had never set anything up. I was trying to get people interested in joining the club.

I had suggested that we vary our meet locations so that we made it as easy as possible for people to meet up. I figured a meet down in SD would be a once a year type thing.

Phil drives down from San Luis Obispo for events, but others aren't as eager. I'm willing to drive wherever, but I understand why people wouldn't want to drive too far, especially because of recent gas prices.

Assuming that our president never comes back, I'm trying to figure out how to get things going. Unfortunately, he had all the information for the club and hadn't shared it, so I'll be starting over from scratch.

If we can get enough people to show for the next meet, I'll set up an itinerary so that we can get this ball rolling!

Where in LA are you?

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm right under hollywood, next to beverly hills... major land marks in the area are the labrea tar pits, the grove/farmers market and the beverly center.. they are all a hop skip from my house... I hope that gives you an idea...

Get Blown!!!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We really need to get something going here guys... A specific time/date and meeting place could be a start.
    2004 Cobra coupe and it's fast!!
    455 rwhp and 460 rwtq.

Gone but never forgotten. 2003 2-tone. Build #2767

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Date Suggestion

How about October 18th at Nationals again?

For those who don't know, Nationals is located in Santa Ana right off the 55 freeway.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm going to Mustangs by the Bay on Oct. 5 so if anyone wants to join all is welcome.

Week after is my sisters wedding on the 11th so no can do.

Week after is my dads birthday. Unsure if I'll be going.

I think someone is going to have to get all the members phone#'s and email address so we can contact them personally Darrel. Thats the only way we can find out a set time and date. Where does the majority of our members live? L.A., San Diego,??? I think we should do a L.A. meet because we've been down to Nationals in Santa Ana, your meeting at Knockers in Rancho Cucamanga? Now its time to take it up north a bit to L.A. or Valley for the members that are up there.

Darrell do you want to contact each person to see if they can make it? If you don't have their phone# contact them through e-mail and get their phone #. We will need those so we can stay in closer contact then just through the forums because not everyone could get on the net that often as some of us.

Also I'd like to get pictures for the album I want to make for our forum. So it would be good for all the members to show up.

Five-0
    Name: Kirk, 2 tone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Each member should organize a meeting and site. Leave it up to him/her for the details. Then we rotate turns for each member. Draw straws or whatever to see who goes first. I recommend at least every other month for meetings. What do you think?

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Originally posted by HDsUpErCreWf150
    I'm going to Mustangs by the Bay on Oct. 5 so if anyone wants to join all is welcome.

Week after is my sisters wedding on the 11th so no can do.

Week after is my dads birthday. Unsure if I'll be going.

I think someone is going to have to get all the members phone#'s and email address so we can contact them personally Darrel. Thats the only way we can find out a set time and date. Where does the majority of our members live? L.A., San Diego,??? I think we should do a L.A. meet because we've been down to Nationals in Santa Ana, your meeting at Knockers in Rancho Cucamanga? Now its time to take it up north a bit to L.A. or Valley for the members that are up there.

Darrell do you want to contact each person to see if they can make it? If you don't have their phone# contact them through e-mail and get their phone #. We will need those so we can stay in closer contact then just through the forums because not everyone could get on the net that often as some of us.

Also I'd like to get pictures for the album I want to make for our forum. So it would be good for all the members to show up.
    I'll contact everyone through the here, letting them know that we are trying to get this going. I'm working on a few other things right now to help us get going, but will need some help down the road.

As far as member locations...I know there are quite a few in San Diego and Oceanside areas. There are also quite a few in LA. You and the San Diego members represent the extremes in distances. The reason I was leaning toward an Oceanside meet was to try and urge the San Diego crowds into meeting with us. Driving is always going to be a concern for some. I agree that maybe we should mix up the locations and even those who organize it because we are so scattered, but since we're really not off the ground yet I wanted to try and make it fair for everyone. Part of that was trusting that you would make the drive down again, though. Oceanside would be another 1 hour drive for you. If you want, you can always cruise down to my house and the ride down with me, at least that way you won't put too many miles on.

That's my thinking at least. If the San Diego guys don't want to make the trip, then we can meet up in LA. I'll certainly make the drive.

I'll be contacting everyone tonight and hopefully will get some response. I'll keep everyone updated.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey guys, I wonder what happened to Mike? I'am busy on the 18th but open any other time I also met a few new guys in the area that want to join, I have their E-mail address so I can contact them. Let me know what you want to do and where.
    Thanks Eric

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lets go BOWLING!

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

18th No good

I won't be able to make an October 18th meeting after all.

How does the 25th sound?

Member 113
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just let me know where and when and I will try to attend

Five-0
    Name: Kirk, 2 tone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oct. 25th OK with me.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds good to me. Let me know where and when.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast