Thread: Is TOTM a thing of the past....?

Just Another Ford Lover
    Name: Jay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is TOTM a thing of the past....?

Ever since joining the forum I've really enjoyed getting to know everyone and their trucks. Being given the chance to research and vote for the nominees sure did make it fun and easy to do so. I understand that certain situations and scenarios come and go in life and I certainly don't have the time needed to carry the load of a TOTM moderator, but I sure hate to see it fall to the wayside. Here's to hopefully having a TOTM again in the future!

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Hopefully it will come back. When I did it, it did take up a lot of time that many people don't understand until they do it themselves. I noticed that it started to drop off when the winners were not being updated on the main page.

Just Another Ford Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can just imagine how much time it does take and believe me, I wasn't whining or complaining AT ALL. I really hope it didn't come across that way.
    2012 F-150 Harley Davidson #3566 4x2
    White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic, K&N CAI w/ filter sock, SCT SF3 w/ custom tunes, Alpine audio processor, LockPick SYNC, JL Audio HD 900/5, JL Audio C5 6 1/2" coaxials in front, JL Audio C5 components front & rear, 2 JL Audio 13 1/2" TW5 subs in custom box, Weather Tech Digital mats front & rear

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White2012 View Post
    I can just imagine how much time it does take and believe me, I wasn't whining or complaining AT ALL. I really hope it didn't come across that way.
    Didn't take it as you where & didn't come across that way at all. I was just confirming that being the TOTM moderator does take a lot of time to be done right.

The TOTM on the main page is still 04/2012 and as far as I know only Doug (owner of nhtoc.com) can change that...and IMO that really took away from the honor of being TOTM. (Winning and nothing being changed on the main page)

By all means, if you have the time & are interested in being the TOTM moderator...do it

The basic info you need can be found on the TOTM forum with the previous rules, how its operated (nominees/voting), and of course the questions that are asked can be easily copied from the previous TOTM winner threads. In fact, as TOTM moderator you can elect to keep the same format or make some changes...it really has been always up to the TOTM moderator & just getting approval from NHTOC's owner.

Then you just need to be made a moderator of that section...which Doug (silver_2000) would have to do I believe.

Just Another Ford Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I do wish I had the time to take it on myself. I'm sure it would be quite a bit of work but enjoyable as well. Hopefully someone will be able to take this bull by the horns in the near future.