Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New member, Shreveport,LA.

Name: Larry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New member, Shreveport,LA.

Hello everyone. First time user on NHTOC, first time owner of a 2002 HD. Got a heck of a deal on it 2 1/2 years ago with 67xxx miles 2nd owner, all stock/original. Looking for some advice on some easy mods to juice up the HP and performance. Nothing to drastic but enough to keep a smile on your face while cruising around and a little red light to red light fun. It's not a everyday driver. Only put about 1500 on it since ownership. I'm not to mechanically enclined but I know the basics and learning all the time but there aren't many people with knowledge of these trucks around here so any info would be great. Thanks in advance! image.jpg

Just Another Ford Lover
    Name: Jay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome to the site! There's a wealth of knowledge and some GREAT people on here. So just keep on coming back and read, read, read!
    2012 F-150 Harley Davidson #3566 4x2
    White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic, K&N CAI w/ filter sock, SCT SF3 w/ custom tunes, Alpine audio processor, LockPick SYNC, JL Audio HD 900/5, JL Audio C5 6 1/2" coaxials in front, JL Audio C5 components front & rear, 2 JL Audio 13 1/2" TW5 subs in custom box, Weather Tech Digital mats front & rear

Just Another Ford Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good looking truck by the way. Very clean.

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    welcome

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Welcome!

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Welcome and thanks for starting with pictures!! Nice ride man!

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    welcome aboard. did I read that right- 2 1/2 years and only put 1500 miles on her.

Best bang for the buck is a 6lb pulley, conservative tune, and CAI. my $ .02. others will chime in
    Slick
    "Suffer No Fools"
    "USMC 1968-2004"
    NHTOC #103
    02 DSG, Born 6/18/02, Adopted 12/27/02
    BG Racing Builder- Ford racing short block,
    Trickflow heads, 6# Lower, Magnum Powers Idler Pulley
    Hotchkiss suspension, D-MR Hood Mod, D-MR Cannon Performance Exhaust,
    Stiffler long bars, JLP street intercooler tank, JLP forced air induction,
    KB waiting to be put on.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Welcome to the NHTOC! Nice ride.

^ +1 agree with above post.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Junior Boost Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Sport90 View Post
    welcome aboard. did I read that right- 2 1/2 years and only put 1500 miles on her.

Best bang for the buck is a 6lb pulley, conservative tune, and CAI. my $ .02. others will chime in
    Plus a nice cat back and a VB.

Name: Larry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SR81 View Post
    Plus a nice cat back and a VB.
    Yep. Ive only put about 1500 miles on it. Maybe 1600 lol. Not my daily driver. As far as the 6# pulley swap that would be the lower pulley? And would I leave the upper pulley stock?

Junior Boost Lover

Quote Originally Posted by BigL318 View Post
    Yep. Ive only put about 1500 miles on it. Maybe 1600 lol. Not my daily driver. As far as the 6# pulley swap that would be the lower pulley? And would I leave the upper pulley stock?
    Yep. 6# lower will net around 14lbs of boost.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    WELCOME to NHTOC!

Let's see some more pics of your truck.

... ...

Most folks so (start with) Lower Pulley, (I did the 6lb) NGKTR6 plugs & tune
    Add a L&S Oil Separator, Clean the intercooler (a good time to change plugs)

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Welcome to the NHTOC

Leave it stock, save your pennies, and just go fully built longblock, twin screw supercharger (whipple Kenne Bell) or Turbo, with all supporting mods when you have enough money put aside.

Trust me on this one!!! Go from 300 rwhp to 600 rwhp on 93 octane in one step...will save you lots of money from all the stuff you would have done inbetween going fully built that you didn't need.

Just Another Ford Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    Welcome to the NHTOC

Leave it stock, save your pennies, and just go fully built longblock, twin screw supercharger (whipple Kenne Bell) or Turbo, with all supporting mods when you have enough money put aside.

Trust me on this one!!! Go from 300 rwhp to 600 rwhp on 93 octane in one step...will save you lots of money from all the stuff you would have done inbetween going fully built that you didn't need.
    Oki has a very good point! Just depends if the time and money is an option for you... Either way, happy modding!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    Welcome to the NHTOC

I wholeheartedly agree with you but.....Most people can't afford to go built all in one go until they are forced to get their ride back on the road because of a blown motor....or sometimes it just sits until they can afford it.

The usual bolt-on path is what most choose because you can get a decent bit of performance increase with a little bit of money each month out of your paycheck.

Eventually though, we all end up where we wanted to be in the first place and that is...with a built motor, so we can squeeze every bit of fun out of our trucks whenever the h ell we please without thinking about when it will blow!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast