Thread: New here

Name: Derek

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New here

Hi my name is Derek and I have wanted a Harley truck since they came out. Being that I am only 26 that really wasn't an option when they came out. In my search this last year I new a couple things I wanted. I wanted an 03 because I like the interior and the stripe better then the 02 and had to have a supercharged one. It also needed to be rust free and black with under 100 k on the clock. In my search being in MN just finding a Harley is hard let alone if your going to be picky. So last week I had just got to the point where I was going to wait till next year to get a truck. Then I get an email from a guy that I called over a month ago asking if I am still interested. This truck is an 02 black and the stripe has been taken off and the kicker is it only has 73 on the clock and has never seen a winter. Needless to say I end up buying it. It does need some small things but I am not worried about it I finally have my dream truck. Hope to learn lots from you guys.
    Last edited by d123gt; 11-05-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Not finished typing

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Welcome to the NHTOC. Lots of great info on here so best starter advice is to get a 12 pack of beer & get used to using the search feature as almost everything you could possibily want to ask has been already and all the info is avialable to you, hoepfully with pictures.

If you get stuck or don't understand something...feel free to ask...we are here to help (help you spend your money on go fast parts that is!!!)

Get to posting up so you can upload some pictures along with more info on the truck (mods, etc...)

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Welcome! Let's see the truck!

Mobbin around the NW

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Welcome

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1441446_10151911798787347_832736411_n.jpg
    This is my truck. I do have some questions. In the spring I will be looking at upping the hp numbers. I drive the truck every day so it needs to stay reliable and not lose any gas mileage to much. SO the questions are how much boost is safe for a stock truck and what do you guys recommend for a tune? Is a tuner fine or would you say go and get a one off dyno tune. Lastly what kinda hp number are safe for the motor I read the rods are the weak link and brea/bend at 450 is this true? Keep in mind I don't race on or off the street and won't start. Thanks again.

Just Another Ford Lover
    Name: Jay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats on your sweet find man and welcome to the NHTOC! Great people here and TONS of info just waiting to be discovered by you! Like Oki said, the search function will be your best friend, for sure.

BaloghBodyworx
    Name: Joe

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Congrats on the find bro & welcome!

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    WELCOME to NHTOC!

Let's see some more pics of your truck.

... ...

Most folks so (start with) Lower Pulley. I did the 6lb. lower. NGK TR6 plugs and a safe dyno tune.
    Add a L&S Oil Separator, A good time to change the plugs is when you're cleaning the intercooler.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Welcome to the NHTOC!

Nice find and good luck with the modding.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Guys quick question where does one find mud flaps for an 02 harley ford doesn't make any and one more thing are the fender flares taped and screwed on and do you think the paint under them would be fine if I removed them.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    IIRC Fender flares are screwed in, look up in your wheel well and you will see how they are held on.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cant keep them off they are screwed in from the bottom but clip in from the side so there are about six holes in the fender.

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Welcome

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    welcome to the site!

You can use some universal mud flaps, but they don't look too nice on HDs.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d123gt View Post
    where does one find mud flaps for an 02 harley ford doesn't make any
    Back in the old-days, FoMoCo did make mud-flaps specifically for the trucks that were equipped with fender flares (H-D and KR). I have a complete set that are still in the plastic packaging. If you are interested, just PM me.