Thread: almost 400\500

Hybrid View

Name: brandon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

almost 400\500

so I took the HD to the dyno and put 383\477 down. Now I was told that the lower pulley I put on was a #6 but I cant get it to boost past 10psi which is only 4psi extra over stock. A #6 should have me at 12psi, Right? I also have exhaust, MAF and a tune. Im changing the upper to a 2.9 quick change and that should put me at or over the 400\500 goal.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Go to the main 00-03 section, and read the sticky on pulley sizes. A 6 lb lower is a 6 lb lower for a Lightning. It only adds 4 lbs on a HD due to the larger upper pulley. An intake usually gains 1-2 lbs, but an exhaust usually drops 1-2 lbs, so 10 lbs net is about right.

Don't go with a quick change upper, all you're doing is adding belt slip for 2 lbs more boost. Change the lower to an 8 if you want 2 more lbs, and keep the extra belt wrap of the upper.

Fast with Class
    Name: Tony

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    I got it... And understand.

The beast dynoed at 399.6 HP and 479 TQ rwhp, corrected.

maybe one day I'll break the 400 hp line?!

back to the drawing boards, better parts and better electronics!

Then maybe I'll be able to get the beast into the 14s!

tony
    DSG #50, Steig Stage V+-ported intake & plenum-TB 1650 cfm-Perf intercooler-SCT 2600 MAF-Cone filter-TCP dual e-fan-Kooks headers-JDM cat back-Hi flow cats-MP braclet-Billet 90 mm pulleys-2.93upper-6 lb lower-Grounding 0 ga wire kit-0 pos wire kit-AFCO dual fan heat exchanger-DM* oil catch can-J&S vampire anti knock-Chiller killer-3row rad-3 micron reusable SS oil filter-mag fine filter-FS2500 oil filter kit-Breed vlv covers-Trans vlv body mod-Mag Hytec trans&diff covers-pan hard bar-Rear sway bar-Bilstein ft shocks-QA-1 rr shocks-Police laser jammer-Cabin air filter mod-Fuctional Shaker Ram air hood-Sound deadening in cab-Innovation west SS rad cover-Laser jammer