Thread: Does anyone's supercharger have SVT stamped on it?

Name: Larry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone's supercharger have SVT stamped on it?

I was just curious if anyone else's HD had a SVT logo stamped on the front? I've read that SVT has nothing to do with the HD's but I know a guy that has a 02' model just as I do but his stock supercharger is stamped with SVT. My stock S/C is blank. I was just curious what and if there were a difference?

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    If it says SVT, its off a Lightning. Harley snouts are bare. Same supercharger otherwise.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Some guys change the whole snout to one from an L to get the increased boost and performance of the smaller upper pulley so they don't have to mess with a pulley puller.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    ya either a complete lightning supercharger swap or just the snout. could have 2 lbs more cause of the lightning upper pulley.

Name: Larry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks! That's what I was assuming.

Name: Tom

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mine is BARE.....except for the Stiegemeier badge :-)

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigL318 View Post
    I was just curious if anyone else's HD had a SVT logo stamped on the front? I've read that SVT has nothing to do with the HD's but I know a guy that has a 02' model just as I do but his stock supercharger is stamped with SVT. My stock S/C is blank. I was just curious what and if there were a difference?
    As was said ^^^ probably an SVT snout or blower. That being said ...

This is a much misunderstood and maligned myth relative to the SCed H-Ds. SVT (Special Vehicle Team) was formed during 1992 as the “performance group” of Ford’s original SVO (Special Vehicle Operations) forerunner group formed during 1983. SVT was formed by three Ford Execs. The first SVT vehicles unveiled were the 1993 SVT Mustang Cobra and SVT F-150 Lightning.

Few people know that SVT is officially known today within FoMoCo as PVG (Performance Vehicles Group). This occurred during 2009 when SVT joined with Team RS in Europe. PVG developed what is the Focus ST and Raptor. PVG refers to these platforms as “global performance vehicles”. They are still marketed as SVT within the US.

I took delivery of my truck on 21MAY02. At time of delivery, the dealership provided all paperwork/documentation that included an application for a free 1-year SVT registration (requires subsequent annual renewal fee of $12). I completed the SVT app and sent it in. Three weeks later, I received the entire package of stuff/info from SVT relative to registration of the truck with SVT. Such registration included a letter of “thanks” for purchasing a Ford SVT product that was stamped with Robert Burnham’s signature (one of the three SVT founders … he directed Ford Truck Program Management).

The fact is … SVT recognized (at least during 1999-2004) any Ford truck product that carried components designed/assembled at SVT facilities located in Dearborn. It is interesting to note that SVT recognized the engine serial with the VIN.

Another interesting item is that 1999-2000 Lightning carried advertised 360HP while 2001-2004 carried advertised 380HP. That is because ’99-’00 Ls carried the same blower pulley as the ’02-’03 H-Ds. The L was changed to the smaller upper for ’01 with associated changed intake manifold mounting configuration. The H-D carried the larger upper and more-modest tune based on alleged increased SCrew platform weight. The engines were still assembled by SVT.

This info was obtained from personal experience working with FoMoCo SVT design-engineering during 1988 -1991 and a SVTOA Stuff.jpgclose personal associate that worked with SVT from 1990 – 2007. Attached is pic of what SVT sent me during early 2002. All SVT registration reflects my 2002 H-D VIN.
    Last edited by '02 H-D #677; 12-12-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Name: Keith

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    That's too cool, I wish we could still get the SVT stuff, that'd be awesome to have.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Wished I had not covered SVT pic of H-D with the hat! I guess I will have to pull-out all decade-old crapola and post pics? Lol!!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3653 Owner View Post
    That's too cool, I wish we could still get the SVT stuff, that'd be awesome to have.
    Yep! ... but just doesn't exist anymore!

Maybe I should ask permission to re-produce? Ha!