Thread: Correct Part Number for front Hawk brake pads

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Correct Part Number for front Hawk brake pads

Received my Hawk pads but they're not the correct fitment, part number HB299Z.650. Anyone have the correct part number? My truck has 100% stock brake system. 2002 F150 Super Crew Harley Davidson.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    did you buy front pad sfor a Lightning instead of a HD? They have bigger front brakes. We have regular f150 front brakes.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I provided my make, year and model and received the wrong parts. I figured out the hard way they were not the right pads. Oh well, Hawk losses my biz, going with EBC.

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 04mysticobra View Post
    I provided my make, year and model and received the wrong parts. I figured out the hard way they were not the right pads. Oh well, Hawk losses my biz, going with EBC.
    Make sure you get a decent rotor, I went the $300 EBC green stuff route and wound up having to replace all 4 rotors and new pads in under 8000 miles. I turned my stock rotors, and they were well within spec, but all 4 rotors were warped so bad it was scary to drive.

My second time around, I went with rotopros premium rotors and hawk pads. the stopping power compared to the EBC's are 98% as good, but waaaaay less dust, and the whole package only cost $440. It was less than $100 more than what I paid for the EBC pads.

Don't get me wrong, EBC makes a great pad. But for the money imo their performance is not that much better.

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, sort of the reason I wanted to try Hawk, I currently have EBC.