Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3/4" drop for a daily?

BaloghBodyworx
    Name: Joe

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

3/4" drop for a daily?

just want some feedback from anyone running this set up on whether its good a daily driver.

BaloghBodyworx

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Belltech Lowering Kits

I'm thinking about the Belltech 403 set at the bottom

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    We have the 2/3 done sitting on 22's and there is plenty of clearance....I would imagine if you did the 3/4 and had no issues with tire clearance on 22's then you would be just fine.

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    I have a 2/4 with the stock 20's and rub up front on big bumps, on the inner fender. I was going to pull the 1/2" spacer but the more I drive it the less I want to do that.

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Its not bad, just a little rough. Might want to slow down for big bumps. Dont have any issues rubbing with the 22's

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    depends what your tolerance level is. a 3/4 drop truck is going to ride pretty bad for a DD. I know I know plenty of guys have it and they'll say they are fine with it, but there's no getting around that reduced suspension travel and stiffer ride without some serious modifications not really DD practical.

I've had almost every combo of drop over the years, and when I got my 2nd HD truck to be a street queen daily driver, I did a 2/3 drop. Rode great, still plenty of suspension travel and tire clearance, plenty of room from the bump stops, and no hesitation to tow/haul/load it up. A 3/4 drop is doable for a DD, but it's not going to be the nicest ride out there.

BaloghBodyworx

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    depends what your tolerance level is. a 3/4 drop truck is going to ride pretty bad for a DD. I know I know plenty of guys have it and they'll say they are fine with it, but there's no getting around that reduced suspension travel and stiffer ride without some serious modifications not really DD practical.

I've had almost every combo of drop over the years, and when I got my 2nd HD truck to be a street queen daily driver, I did a 2/3 drop. Rode great, still plenty of suspension travel and tire clearance, plenty of room from the bump stops, and no hesitation to tow/haul/load it up. A 3/4 drop is doable for a DD, but it's not going to be the nicest ride out there.
    I see, well here is what I was thinking.. I rarely tow anything and now I've got the 2012 so I don't need my 01 to tow. The Belltech shocks I was looking at say they are gas filled, dont know if that makes it have a better ride or not

My Infiniti FX50S has a very stiff sports car handle to it which I wouldn't mind. I know its much different compared to a truck but it still is a corss-over SUV. If it'd feel like that, I know it would be as comfortable, but it'd take it..

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyb203 View Post
    The Belltech shocks I was looking at say they are gas filled,
    I have heard/read only bad things about any shocks other than the Bilstiens for a driver/non racer. I have the Bilstiens, and love them, just need the Hotchkis sway bars and will be the sportier feel for me.

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Waite View Post
    I have heard/read only bad things about any shocks other than the Bilstiens for a driver/non racer. I have the Bilstiens, and love them, just need the Hotchkis sway bars and will be the sportier feel for me.
    perfect setup
    Slick
    "Suffer No Fools"
    "USMC 1968-2004"
    NHTOC #103
    02 DSG, Born 6/18/02, Adopted 12/27/02
    BG Racing Builder- Ford racing short block,
    Trickflow heads, 6# Lower, Magnum Powers Idler Pulley
    Hotchkiss suspension, D-MR Hood Mod, D-MR Cannon Performance Exhaust,
    Stiffler long bars, JLP street intercooler tank, JLP forced air induction,
    KB waiting to be put on.

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I currently have a 3/4 drop consisting of 3 inch lowering springs in the front and hangers/shackles in the rear with some shock extenders on my 03 and it rides real smooth you will need to trim the front fender flares a bit to avoid rubbing. Stock 20's BTW
    Blwn54HD

BaloghBodyworx

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Okay I'll keep all that in mind guys. Thanks. Also, I don't have fender flares lol. It's an 01

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    you're fine with a 3" drop up front with a 01 without worrying about really rubbing, but you'll be limited on camber adjustment and wear tires a bit quicker, unless you do spindles.

also belltech shocks are garbage. Stick with bilsteins whether you're stock height, 1/2, 2/3, or 3/4 drop, bilsteins are the way to go.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    also belltech shocks are garbage. Stick with bilsteins whether you're stock height, 1/2, 2/3, or 3/4 drop, bilsteins are the way to go.
    +1

BaloghBodyworx

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    okay, definitely will look into bilsteins

BaloghBodyworx

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    I have another question for y'all. I don't have a rear bumper on right now and I wanted the JLP drop shackles. Since the shackles are exposed now and would be easy to change, can I change them now for the time being without doing the rest of the the drop kit? not really sure how that works to be honest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast