Thread: Installing a 2.9L Whipple on my 2012 F150 Harley-Davidson

Name: David

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Installing a 2.9L Whipple on my 2012 F150 Harley-Davidson

Guys,

I just wanted to see if anyone else has done this yet? I should get the kit later next week or first part of the following.

I plan to do all the work myself, so Ill take plenty of pictures. I could only find one other guy that's posted he was doing this, but he only made three posts total and with no finished out come!

More to come soon!
    -David

Just Another Ford Lover
    Name: Jay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous right now. But DEFINITELY in a good way! LOL! Lots of pics will be nice. I'm interested to see your choice of tuning and, if possible, some numbers on paper in the future. Haven't heard very many people doing the Whipple 2.9 other than just a few Raptor guys. How much boost are you expecting from the setup that your looking at? It should be a BEAST.... I'm going to post quite a bit of info on here soon about our trucks and a lot of N/A dyno numbers and charts from just very simple mods(stock tune and a CAI and some 87 and 93 "custom dyno tunes" from Mike @ 5 Star and a CAI)Think there's even a few videos if I can figure out how to post em. LOL! Maybe we can breathe some life into the 3rd gen forum! LOL!
    2012 F-150 Harley Davidson #3566 4x2
    White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic, K&N CAI w/ filter sock, SCT SF3 w/ custom tunes, Alpine audio processor, LockPick SYNC, JL Audio HD 900/5, JL Audio C5 6 1/2" coaxials in front, JL Audio C5 components front & rear, 2 JL Audio 13 1/2" TW5 subs in custom box, Weather Tech Digital mats front & rear

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ill make sure to keep everyone in the loop. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed in the lack of feedback from other Gen3 onwers, in fact, I think for the most part you are the only other one that post anything.

I should have the kit late this week or early next week. Ill get some pictures once I get it in hand.

Have a good Monday,
    David.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Sounds awesome and a good plan!

Yes pics please and keep us informed.

Subscribed!

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Just Another Ford Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LongNap View Post
    Ill make sure to keep everyone in the loop. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed in the lack of feedback from other Gen3 onwers, in fact, I think for the most part you are the only other one that post anything.

I should have the kit late this week or early next week. Ill get some pictures once I get it in hand.

Have a good Monday,
    David.
    Yeah, it does seem like the Gen 3 is all but dead around here, but I do make a point to try to liven things up from time to time.... Sometimes I post or reply in the 1st gen section just to have someone to talk to. LOL! I'll try to get that N/A dyno info, numbers, and charts up soon. I've been working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day again. Barely any time to check the forums here lately, let alone create any new threads. I'm subscribed to this thread as well and can't wait to here/see more on your build! So stoked about it and FOR you as well!!!

Just Another Ford Lover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any updates yet? Dying to see/hear some results! LOL!

Duvalballer
    Name: Kyle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Did you complete the install? I have a 2007 Harley/Saleen and my wife want a 2012 but she doesnt want to sacrifice the supercharger. I was looking at the whipple kit and the procharger. Ive spoke with a guy who has the procharger on his Harley and with a small amount of supporting mods he got just under 600rwhp. I would like to know how the Whipple performs on the 6.2L compared to the Procharger.

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duvalballer View Post
    Did you complete the install? I have a 2007 Harley/Saleen and my wife want a 2012 but she doesnt want to sacrifice the supercharger. I was looking at the whipple kit and the procharger. Ive spoke with a guy who has the procharger on his Harley and with a small amount of supporting mods he got just under 600rwhp. I would like to know how the Whipple performs on the 6.2L compared to the Procharger.
    "wife doesn't want to sacrifice the supercharger." Good wife
    Slick
    "Suffer No Fools"
    "USMC 1968-2004"
    NHTOC #103
    02 DSG, Born 6/18/02, Adopted 12/27/02
    BG Racing Builder- Ford racing short block,
    Trickflow heads, 6# Lower, Magnum Powers Idler Pulley
    Hotchkiss suspension, D-MR Hood Mod, D-MR Cannon Performance Exhaust,
    Stiffler long bars, JLP street intercooler tank, JLP forced air induction,
    KB waiting to be put on.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sport90 View Post
    "wife doesn't want to sacrifice the supercharger." Good wife
    I did, I don't have the truck anymore but I do miss it! Decided on my last birthday I wanted something different so I just traded it in... I would recommend Whipple over anything else, they made a ton of those kits for the raptor, which has the same drivetrain and engine bay.

I have a lot of videos out there on YouTube, not in very good order but just search my name daw72 and you should find them all.

The 2.9l Whipple is way more powerful then the engine can handle! Your only using about 1/2 the power it can produce... Stay with the raptor setup and you won't have any issues and you'll make 650bhp.

Good luck with your build... You'll love the 2012... I almost bought another one 2 months ago... I had another birthday! Lol

Cheers,
    David.

Duvalballer
    Name: Kyle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great videos