Thread: Kris Starnes Racing burns down

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kris Starnes Racing burns down

As some of you may know, Kris's shop burned to the ground while Kris was working in it. He was able to get out ok and save customers heads but the shop and all the machines along with the dyno electronics are a total loss. As the shop was not finished and he was still collecting machinery, he did not have insurance.
    Kris is by far the hardest working person I know. He has always been there for me whenever and whatever I needed. This loss is devastating to his family financially. We are setting up a fund to try to help him recover and put Kris Starnes racing back in business as soon as possible . Anything you can give please send to my Paypal at musturbo@bellsouth.net.
    Thank you.

Name: Jake

Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
    Sad to hear. Good luck and glad to hear no one was hurt.

Email is fast..... Jake@3rdrowinnovations.com

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Being a business owner myself, I feel for him; that is terrible. Thankfully nobody was injured. Hope he gets back on his feet soon.

But c'mon, no insurance? Thats just not wise.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Was very sorry to hear this & see the pic. Kris is well known to many and I am sure the shop will re-open. Just glad no one got hurt.

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    no insurance. ask the people for help. see it on the news all the time.

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairTruck View Post
    Yep. No insurance. Just got the shop and insurance along with fire system, cctv and alarm were in process. HE did not ask anyone for help although he lost just about everything. I have watched Kris leave work after an 18 hour day to help pull some one out of a ditch, or spend 40 hours on a friends heads and charge them just what it cost him for parts. I am asking for help to help a person who has helped many for many years, including quite a few on this site. It's easy to judge when you only know part of the story. For instance, I have always thought you were a douche based on your posts, but maybe in person you are a good guy.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musturbo View Post
    I have always thought you were a douche based on your posts, but maybe in person you are a good guy.
    Just look at that Selfie he has posted for his avatar...what does he think he is? An Aquabat or something!!!

But in all seriousness...guys, Kris has helped out so many and never asked for anything. He was an intrigal part for my build when I was down and out & didn't know what to do. All it took was 1 phone call to Kris (not from me) and Kris called me asking what I wanted/was planning on doing & then said to send him my heads.

Well the next phone call I get is from Kris telling me my heads are done and that he had gone to get my motor to put the heads on (I didn't even know my motor was done)...all I needed to do was come meet him in person to say hello at his shop. I was dumbfounded by his generosity & willingness to help a complete stranger...then he told me what I owed him and I about hit the floor. He just said, a good friend of his called him and said to take care of me, so that is what he was doing...all he asked in return was to spread the word about the work he does and if he ever needs help that I would just be phone call away.

Well his shop burnt down and after all the contact I have made to Kris, he still never asked for any help...that is just the kind of guy he is.

Anything anyone can do will surely help...I just wish I could have done more.

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    ask my wife im a douche.
    wish i had someone around that knew anything to help me.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairTruck View Post
    Really Blair?

Come on man, this ain't no newspaper or craigslist, this is the FHTOC.
    These guys have been around a long time and are part of the brotherhood, not some Johnny come lately's.
    I trust them and have always heard great stuff about Kris Starnes Racing work.

Kurt, Matt, I'll try and help where I can.
    Last edited by cayman150; 12-02-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    really sucks to hear that. big backfire on no insurance, but live and learn I guess.

Glad to hear he's okay, and hope he's back on his feet again soon.