Thread: Radio ?

Fast with Class
    Name: Tony

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Radio ?

I had a bad alternator it was putting out 18v. Replaced

My radio is skipping from station to station or am to fm or cd mode, damn thing acts like its haunted!

anyone got an idea? At wits end on this.

tony

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Sounds like it has finally went terminally bananas.
    Time for a new state-of-the-art Double Din w/GPS
    On the other hand, you may find a replacement.

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    I believe I say an OEM '03 in the classifieds recently. But I'm with Merlin, go new and kick a$$!

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    I just picked up this Kenwood DDx370 for 320 installed.

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Nice, how was the plastic cutting? It has me a little worried as I haven't pulled the oem deck out to see whats really got to be cut...only seen it in pics.

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    I had it installed by a friend who does it for a living. I didn't want to mess with the cutting.

Fast with Class
    Name: Tony

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    I do not have a problem installing a new or upgraded head unit, I just want to make sure the root cause of this headache is taken care of,...

BTW you guys are the best!! Coming to the plate helping me with a crazy problem!

Tony
    DSG #50, Steig Stage V+-ported intake & plenum-TB 1650 cfm-Perf intercooler-SCT 2600 MAF-Cone filter-TCP dual e-fan-Kooks headers-JDM cat back-Hi flow cats-MP braclet-Billet 90 mm pulleys-2.93upper-6 lb lower-Grounding 0 ga wire kit-0 pos wire kit-AFCO dual fan heat exchanger-DM* oil catch can-J&S vampire anti knock-Chiller killer-3row rad-3 micron reusable SS oil filter-mag fine filter-FS2500 oil filter kit-Breed vlv covers-Trans vlv body mod-Mag Hytec trans&diff covers-pan hard bar-Rear sway bar-Bilstein ft shocks-QA-1 rr shocks-Police laser jammer-Cabin air filter mod-Fuctional Shaker Ram air hood-Sound deadening in cab-Innovation west SS rad cover-Laser jammer

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Waite View Post
    Nice, how was the plastic cutting? It has me a little worried as I haven't pulled the oem deck out to see whats really got to be cut...only seen it in pics.
    The cutting is very minimal to fit a double din size unit into our trucks. When I did mine I had to cut maybe 1/8th to 3/16th from each side using a dremel. Just take your time and keep trying the new head unit until it slides in and out and you get the fit one want. Most units come with a face plate that hides the cut edges when you're done. It's not a difficult process but just takes time to make sure you do a nice neat job that looks like factory.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.