Thread: #03980 Once and future king

Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

#03980 Once and future king

I very recently purchased '02 #03980 for a few reasons. I wanted something to toy with, I like the Harley Editions and well, I felt bad for this truck. The previous owner, the original owner, beat the dog piss right out of it. The interior is a mess with spray painted parts and spray painted carpet and multiple broken trim pieces; center console, cup-holders, passenger door handle, air vents, etc. The exterior is nothing great either; a missing turn signal, a missing fog lamp and a busted fog lamp, completely yellowed headlights, faded window tint that is a beautiful shade of purple, a ding or scratch on most panels, faded/chipping clear, a set of 24" wheels that are terrible in every aspect of the word, etc. But, I'm a sucker for helping the unfortunate and had to have this truck(not to mention it's from southern-central Florida(No rust!)), and the fact that Ford has let go of the Harley edition made it that much more appealing to me.

So, after running through the truck and finding the not so quickly obvious "issues", I talked the price down to where I was comfortable and took possession of a once and future, beautiful truck.

I'll be sure to post photos when it's not 3am.

Name: Jake

Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
    Glad to see another one saved
    Last edited by Braker85; 12-25-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Email is fast..... Jake@3rdrowinnovations.com

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    ^^ What he said. Welcome to the site

BaloghBodyworx
    Name: Joe

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Awesome to hear! Definitely a cool thing to do. Lets see some pictures of this monstrosity haha!! Make sure to keep pictures of before and after so you can brag about how much better you made it!!

Name: Jake

Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
    You'll wish you had if you dont

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Great job on picking up something to save. I see your in Tallahassee...so am I. Hit me up if you need a hand or just someone to talk to about these trucks. I have had mine since 06 & gone from all stock to fully built longblock with lots of mods.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Welcome to the NHTOC!

Great find and plans to save it and bring back to future beauty.

Keep us posted.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Welcome

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    WELCOME to NHTOC!

Let's see some pics of your truck.

... ...

Oki is in your neck of the woods and I know he would be helpful in your repair and restore.
    These are sweet trucks! IMHO It is a much nicer body style than the new square design.
    Thanks you caring and wanting to save it. Sadly it's a lot cheaper to maintain than restore.

We are glad you're here and I'm sure the folks will assist you as much as they possibly can.