Thread: ABS Wire Clip on top of Front Shocks

Name: James

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

ABS Wire Clip on top of Front Shocks

Hello,

I busted the ABS wire clips that are on top of my front shock absorbers when I was changing the shocks because I could not tell how they worked. I went to the Ford dealer, and they could not provide me a part number for just the clips, and instead, showed me that I had to buy the whole $99 ABS sensor and cable to get the little plastic clips.

I took a pass.

Does anyone know of a way to get these original clips, or should I just fashion my own and let the original ones go?

Thanks,
    James
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Give a call to Mike Nobles at Riverside Ford...he is who I call & lots of others from the NHTOC get in contact with for OEM parts as he was a supported vendor on here when there was some. If anyone can get these for you, he is who can

918-six four seven - 2228

Just tell him you got his name & number from the NHTOC...you can even tell him that I "Matt" told you to call him.

If he says they don't sell them seperately then go to your local pick n pull...I am sure this is not a Harley F150 specific clip...probably the same type of clip on other 2002-2003 F150's, Navigators, & Expeditions

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    looks from the pic the clip is still good. it looks like it stilll threads on top of the shock shaft, and still clips the wire in

You can just zip tie the cable to the clip, or the clip to the top of the shock. When you go QA1s with smaller shock studs the stockclips don't work anymore anyway so thats what you have to do.

If you really want a set though, I'm 99% sure I still have a pair off a Lightning I parted out, let me know and i'll dig them out.